New M67 mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Here's something I put out a little while back but it got buried in a thread in a wrong forum. So i'll put it up front. Nothing too serious, and still being worked on, but fun to use on the bots. Its a mutator for the M67 that pulls back the blast radius and causes 300 rounds of shrapnel ( really just 9mm bullets going wherever ), but its a little more realistic IMO than the old M67 that doesn't do anything. You might want to duck for cover when you throw it cause sometimes you can get hit. I've taken up to about 70 points of damage after tossing the grenade in the open, but thats rare.

Also, put in a mutator for the M1S90 that changes the shot to 8 rounds of 8mm buckshot, each doing about 20 points of damage. Also tightened the spread to a useful and more realistic range. Have fun.

Logan6 M1S90 mutator changes ammo to 8 x 8mm lead shot / lowered spread / increased damage.

Last edited:

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Well, Im ditching the m67 grenade for now, as after reading duke's code the other day I found out he did the same thing I did with the ballistic code and he does indeed have shrapnel ( 60 frags ) in his grenades. Only thing is is that he used the subsonic version of the p90 round. So I'm not sure if these grenades are armor piercing or not.

Also, if someone will look at the way the grenade shrapnel is spread, Im not sure if it will work right or not. I've noticed that the code is randomly calling points in the upper half of the grenade if it is on the ground, which is nice as it keeps wasted shrapnel from being generated. Well, nice for the thrower anyway :p. However, it keeps adding these random points together and it seems that 1) They're going to eventually go way out of this range, and 2) may well go beyond 65535 which is full circle. So Im wondering, do they go out of the top half of the sphere, and if they go beyond full circle, say 70000 RUU, what happens to the shrapnel? It seems sometimes that the grenade generates only a few pieces of shrapnel, so Im suspecting this is happening. I've looked at it, but I can't think of any better formula that would generate shrap at random places, but keep it all within the top half of the sphere.

Also, would appreciate any feedback on the power of the new shotgun mutator I made for the M1S90. Would anybody like to host it on their server? I don't think this particular mutator has any problems with the other mutators. I made it cause I got really tired of the weakness of the semi auto shotgun which I thought was very unrealistic. This new version is much more powerful and has what I think is a realistic expansion of the pellets. Imagine getting hit with eight 8mm lead spheres travelling around 1100 or so feet per second. Don't like how they all do the same damage no matter where your hit though ( except from what I've read in the code, I think its 4x damage if your hit in the head ). Maybe real targets will address this. Love watching the bots hold their own with the M1 against assault rifles and sub machine guns. At thirty feet or so with the pellets expanding its devestating against groups.:D

Now if I can just attach the Eotech Holosight on top...

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Another broken link... what in the world is happening?
I'll answer this one, but the answer applies to the jillion other threads you necroed. Those threads are 4-5 years old, most sites that they link to don't exist anymore. Since most common mutators are included in the CE. If not you could request that someone loads them up to their file collection (e.g. at www.mhoelscher.de) if anyone still has the mutators. Note that some of the stuff you dug up will probably incompatible with other mutators.

seththeblack

Dec 24, 2008
I'll answer this one, but the answer applies to the jillion other threads you necroed. Those threads are 4-5 years old, most sites that they link to don't exist anymore. Since most common mutators are included in the CE. If not you could request that someone loads them up to their file collection (e.g. at www.mhoelscher.de) if anyone still has the mutators. Note that some of the stuff you dug up will probably incompatible with other mutators.

Um, anyone who still has those files up there in the first post,
could you load them up on www.mhoelscher.de?