UT3 is pretty awful

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

d00d

Jan 15, 2009
Just my feelings regarding this overrated game:
1. Menu REALLY sux, even with Titan pack
2. Titan pack sux; very little content compared to the ECE & MBP
3. If Ut2004 had UT3 grade sound effects & GFX, it would utterly OWN UT3/no one would play UT3
4. You feel overweight in the game - compare UT3's jumping to 2k4's (all the characters are fat looking too, with an excessive amount of "armor")
5. It's like a dumbed down remake of UT99 with elements of UC2 (look at the character & weapon selection and you'll understand)
6. Characters look like they belong in Gears of War (eg: Reaper, the Krall)
7. Character selection REALLY sux (ut99 & ut2k4 had a much larger selection)
8. No Assault mode!

The only good points of UT3:
1. The music was way awesome! (The best of the Unreal series)
2. Graphics were good
3. Vehicles were more useful
4. Necris vehicles
5. Sound effects were way better than UT2K4's
6. Character customization

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
hey guys i found this new thing on the internet its a video where they go all your base are belong to us (I like the part where they use wrong grammar)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Most of your arguments are pretty awful. Using UT2004 as a baseline was your first problem.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
For the last effing time, the original game was called Unreal Tournament. There was no "99" in the frackin' title.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
For the last effing time, the original game was called Unreal Tournament. There was no "99" in the frackin' title.

would "UT" as the game itself
and "UT Series" as the general series
suffice for people to know what the "UT" word may refer about?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UT99 is just a terrible name for the original game. It should be implied when you say "UT" that you mean the first game.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I never, ever write UT99 (what is this, the 99th game?!?), I just use UT1 because I think the majority of people will quickly realize that I'm referring to the first title.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars

Hrrrrhhhmmm JUST throw those 99ers out of the frackin' airlock already!

2ed9pwm.jpg

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I don't like UT3, I should:
A) Complain about it on the forum and openly suck the UT2K4 dick.
B) Shut the **** up and go play UT2k4.

Hmmmm, hard decision.