Target painter acting strange

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
I am having an odd problem I have never had before... when I use the target painter in a map I made, the only place you can create the beam is the very center of the course. I searched for actors that may act as a beacon for the beam, and found none. Any ideas?

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
as in level boundaries, meshes in the way, or blocking volumes? it only points at the level origin. can you be more specific, please?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I think there must be a clear line of sight between you and a surface set to be a fake backdrop. In other words, the sky must be above you.

Sep 24, 2005
Couldn't the Ion Painter only be used in areas, where the distance to the skybox is at least 4096 UU?

There was a similar thread about that, but I couldn't find anything with the search function. Lost in the crash?

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
well, if that is the case, then my painter should work fine. and it is a target painter, not an ion painter. but regardless, the sky is well over 35000 units high, so i am truly confused as to why it will not work. thanks for the tips, i apreciate it, but i think i may have a different problem. any other suggestions?