CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I've been playing some HC recently to see if I can figure out some more pick points. When in doubt, shoot anyway D: I don't know how many times I think someone is in an area or I think I see part of someone and just fire at it and get a kill.

Mar 6, 2004
I still remeber my firs 7 kill streak after 1 week i played the game. :D
Go it with a P90 I picked up on the ground, then I went "Okay, this gun is a ****ing casual material"

7 is good when you first start out, get your heli and watch people not shoot it down. I don't bother shooting it, i go inside for cover.

Had a 24 kill streak, woulda been 26 but i was almost dead and i was not gonna win the fight, i moved away, heard a gernade, ran 20 feet away and the radius still killed me. WTF!!!! i was well on my way to a 30 kill streak too, stupid glitched out gernade! i was playing on Brodcast. I was 10-12, then finished the map 47-18. My whole reload thing, and people coming out of nowhere bad luck thing is pretty much gone since i slowed myself down. I love laying down and shooting! Dolphin diver ftw!

I am now unbanned from the server i was banned at that i was playing at for months.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I've been playing some HC recently to see if I can figure out some more pick points. When in doubt, shoot anyway D: I don't know how many times I think someone is in an area or I think I see part of someone and just fire at it and get a kill.

I hate when you see something in the window and shoot at it but it's a black mark on the wall, and you reveal your position by someone close and die.:mad:

I really like my class, i been playing it non stop on every map.

Carbine silenced
pistol silenced
smoke gernade x 1
bandolier
uav jammer
dead silence

Nobody see's me coming.

I am now 1000 more kills then deaths, god i remember when i rage quit and could not get anything going and was 700+ more deaths then kills.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just made one of the BStest knife warp I have ever seen in COD4. I decided to noob a camper team in Showdown with my P90, I was standing near a box when one of them just respawned after I killed the whole lot, I was unnoticed until I went out of my prone position and ran at him before he walks over me or something, I was like "**** this, I'm dead" at this point I was standing like 10 meters away from him, So I just kept at it, pressed the knife key WAY early, then my guy just warped to his throat like I had a jetpack. Even though 4 instagib bullets went out of his LMG point blank I survived.

It was hilarious. Especially considering that my knife kills are extremely rare now.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I just made one of the BStest knife warp I have ever seen in COD4. I decided to noob a camper team in Showdown with my P90, I was standing near a box when one of them just respawned after I killed the whole lot, I was unnoticed until I went out of my prone position and ran at him before he walks over me or something, I was like "**** this, I'm dead" at this point I was standing like 10 meters away from him, So I just kept at it, pressed the knife key WAY early, then my guy just warped to his throat like I had a jetpack. Even though 4 instagib bullets went out of his LMG point blank I survived.

It was hilarious. Especially considering that my knife kills are extremely rare now.

I hear if you jump in the air and knife you will beat a guy who knifes at you while not jumping.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I've jumped backwards and hit the knife key only to zoom forward in midair and kill the guy. CoD4 is the console port of the year! D:

i moved away, heard a gernade, ran 20 feet away and the radius still killed me. WTF!!!! i was well on my way to a 30 kill streak too, stupid glitched out gernade!
If you were playing hardcore then it's your own fault. :p

No grenade or explosive has a non-kill radius like in normal mode due to 30 health being far too low to save you. Thus, if you're anywhere within the should-be non-kill radius you still die.

This makes explosives overpowered in general but the tube especially. The balance to the tube is supposed to be a small kill radius vs. a normal grenade's larger kill radius, but "hardcore" effectively removes this balance. In effect, everyone's running a permanent Sonic Boom perk.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
T2A, I'm pretty sure the only time the antilag slows down reg is when the players shooting at each other are within 50ms pings of each other. I'm usually a good 20-30 outside of that ;[

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I've been using Defart's config for a few days now (started a new profile randomly), and for some reason I'm noticing a lot more hitching and framerate drops than I did with my own. Seems impossible given that there are more FPS-boosting hax in his.

The framerate drops were TERRIBLE until I turned soften smoke edges off. They were dropping from 125 to 40 on Ambush in the center or whenever I came close to some smoke. This never happened with my config. They don't drop that far since I turned off that option, but they do drop randomly in a very noticeable way. I can't ever predict when it's gonna happen. Quite annoying!

I also just found out that I can play at a lower resolution without distorting the image by setting the aspect ratio to 16:10 instead of auto. I've been playing a horizontally stretched out CoD4 since whenever I started playing up until about three days ago. Seeing things all squared up like they should be is weird. :eek:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I remember Killer said something about getting horrible fps whenever he raised his resolution. I don't get why the fps would get horrible from that though. Strange stuff D:

I tried 80 fov for a while but went back to 65 because it's easier to spot people that way in the first place.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I tried 65 initially in my new profile. Couldn't do it. Feels way too slow and it doesn't help me visually acquire enemies either way. When people get in real close 80 does wonders.

Also, I ran your config almost exactly as it was at first, including the 1024x768 resolution. The smoke still did a number on my framerates then. D:

I think I'll try playing at all high details tomorrow (minus DoF) and see what happens. Fake DoF in a video game is a really dumb idea. It's impossible to accurately simulate without the game taking input data from your eyes to know what should be blurred.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I remember Killer said something about getting horrible fps whenever he raised his resolution. I don't get why the fps would get horrible from that though. Strange stuff D:

I tried 80 fov for a while but went back to 65 because it's easier to spot people that way in the first place.

I maxed res and it was brutal for the FPS, i get 20-35ish, sometimes even 10.

Mar 6, 2004
So i am up 47-11 and the other team is all "stop camping", yet i am running around all map, just using cover and wah wah wah i am camping because i have over a 4:1 ratio. I'm usually a 2:0 ratio or better now and i am not raging, nor haven't in quite a while.:D I finished like 49-19, i started to die at the end. :( Screw 100+ kills, i'll take a 3-1 or 4-1 ratio over that. The server i am unbanned from they are still accusing me of wallhacks. Man, this is MUCH better then sucking since i stopped going around like a mindless zombie running aimlessly. I love when you get 2 helis in a row so when you die right after your original heli, you get another one and eventually get a 3rd. I've yet to beat 3 in a row.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Same thing happened to me last night. I went like 65-22 (I got clayed about eight times toward the end of the match :mad:) on Bloc with an SMG and one guy was constantly on my case about camping... which I wasn't doing.

The whole incident started when I emerged from one of the buildings and saw two UAV dots on the other side of the wall there. It was the side of the map with boxes you can stand on and a hole in the wall.

One of the dots turned out to be a guy camping the hole trying to shoot people through it, but I got him first. Then I threw a 'nade straight up and over the wall in attempts to get the other guy. I went prone next to the wall out of habit (do it most every time something's going on like this or I'm reloading).

The 'nade didn't kill him, but he decided to climb the wall since he hadn't seen my orange dot or heard me in a few seconds, and he dropped right in front of me. Like, his legs were literally six inches from my gun. After shooting out his ankles he hounded me the entire match about my boring camper tactics... that I wasn't using. All I ever do is flank the crap out of people... or brute-force charge. Sitting in place for five seconds while a 'nade falls from the heavens and asplodes ain't camping.

I told him to grow a brain. D:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
ROFL! i guess the only way not to camp is jump infront of their gun and let them kill you, yet he was camping at the hole!!!!!!! Cod is a game about camping, the whole thing is to camp. But not a dumbass camp, a position camp.

BTW Defeat, that crash tactic i posted screenshots here, i tried it out on Crash, i was Marines and it worked, a guy was laying down on the dirt beside the small building, i easily had him, i go to the garbage can and get on 1 knee, and 4 guys were there, i am now up 5-0 and have an airstrike, just seconds into the map. Now i just need to try out the Strike one you told me to see if it works. Get behind them! they always fall for the same tricks, so why not?

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I tried 65 initially in my new profile. Couldn't do it. Feels way too slow and it doesn't help me visually acquire enemies either way. When people get in real close 80 does wonders.
QFT. We discussed this earlier in the thread too. If you got the monitor for it, 80 is the way to go. I find it especially useful obviously in close quarters. It can still work to your advantage in a smaller matches, as sitting still (as sniper) will allow to observe much more area for movement. A good example is Creek because the LOD distance for grass gets smaller as your FOV goes up. Very useful for spotting prone sniper noobs in the grass on top of the hill at the center of the level. Much harder to spot them with FOV 65 in my opinion, even though you're technically zoomed in more.

get your heli and watch people not shoot it down. I don't bother shooting it, i go inside for cover.
:tdown::mad: Please don't do this in large pubs. This can rob a team of any chance of winning. Especially large hardcore pubs. The heli is set to shoot at team leaders as priority, and there is nothing more frustrating than everyone ignoring it. For heavens sake, if everyone just put one clip into it, it'd go down before you even empty your magazine. That is a whole lot better than making the upper players waste all their ammo on it, the people who need it most.

Ignoring the helicopter can literally stop the best players on your team in their tracks. That is essentially turning your team into insta-fail in pubs. By half way through the match, it seems to encourage everyone to just become insanely submissive. Like, "I better just sit here and not get killed and give them any more helicopters." Right, you might as well just bend over in the spawn and pray to the airstrike gods like most players. The whole thing can be incredibly vicious in pubs, as the person who got the heli will probably already have gotten another from his first, making the entire match living hell for the people actually getting the most kills.

Mar 6, 2004
Man, i am on a suck streak on every server. Why do people seem to go invisible? i'm looking for enemys around a corner, someone runs forward to me, i stand no chance because he was invisible. Is this a big glitch/bug or something?

Mar 6, 2004
:tdown::mad: Please don't do this in large pubs. This can rob a team of any chance of winning. Especially large hardcore pubs. The heli is set to shoot at team leaders as priority, and there is nothing more frustrating than everyone ignoring it. For heavens sake, if everyone just put one clip into it, it'd go down before you even empty your magazine. That is a whole lot better than making the upper players waste all their ammo on it, the people who need it most.

Ignoring the helicopter can literally stop the best players on your team in their tracks. That is essentially turning your team into insta-fail in pubs. By half way through the match, it seems to encourage everyone to just become insanely submissive. Like, "I better just sit here and not get killed and give them any more helicopters." Right, you might as well just bend over in the spawn and pray to the airstrike gods like most players. The whole thing can be incredibly vicious in pubs, as the person who got the heli will probably already have gotten another from his first, making the entire match living hell for the people actually getting the most kills.

Nobody on my team likes shooting it down so why should i waste all my ammo and be an easy kill? everyone else is dumb enough to stand in view of it, they deserve to die.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Because everyone is saying the exact same thing as you. If you just put 30 rounds into it, you did your part. Instead, most people just end up clustering together, taking dumps in a corner of the map.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
LOL.
[SCREENSHOT]http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/8422/shot0090ah1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

That idiot was spec'ing me for an entire game asking for people to ban me from the server.

"Hardcore is eazy"
[SCREENSHOT]http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4033/shot0092mz8.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]