UE1 - UT Brushes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

superxdude

Feb 19, 2012
Could not find something else on this, perhaps an expert can lend some advice.

I found a nice streetlamp in one map and was able to copy it via Control C.

I loaded my map, hit Control V and it pasted it in, but I am unable to apply textures, etc.

I also tried saving it as a brush from the previous map but could not load it properly. Is there a way to do this? I'm not looking to rip off levels, but trying to save some time on the little stuff.

Thanks

superxdude

Feb 19, 2012
Thanks peeps :) just got home from work and will try these out. I was able to make a semi decent streetlight last night but didn't save the map and lost like an hour of work.

This pack should make up for it!

superxdude

Feb 19, 2012
HMM......still not working but I like what is in the file. How do I get the Coke machine and streetlight from that map to mine? I have tried exporting/saving the brush and then trying to open it from my map, but it does not work.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Ah, I see, you are going about it wrong.
open the "?.u" file of choice, via the actor browser in UED.
It will appear in the "decorations" branch.
Select the item you want and right-click in the map, where you want it.

You will have to manually load the texture file when you want to see textures not used by default. If you opened their example map without closing the editor, all the textures used will be visible in the browser.

That should be a whole lot easier.
BTW I just put another pack on my site. It is not a complete distro (No documentation, but similar type of stuff).
Bottom of the page. In the Beta section. Industrial_Pack1.zip (rename it to a RAR)
http://my.opera.com/dr-flay/blog/unreal