Onslaught UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Nice, how did you manage to get the Skeletals working in UT? I know there's skeletal support, but no direct conversion?
And nice. Too bad UT doesn't have the UE2 TerrainInfo build tools... :( Otherwise you could remake Torlan or anything else from the heightmaps and layer maps!
And hmm, the extra seats surely don't look realistic :D And you can't take the flag into flying vehicles, right? Including manta? UT2004 manta can be used to get on wings, but in UT3 the rotors gutblow you. So it shouldn't be possible to use it anyway, or at least not in the primary seat (air blows your flag away! :D)

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Nice, how did you manage to get the Skeletals working in UT? I know there's skeletal support, but no direct conversion?
And nice. Too bad UT doesn't have the UE2 TerrainInfo build tools... :( Otherwise you could remake Torlan or anything else from the heightmaps and layer maps!
And hmm, the extra seats surely don't look realistic :D And you can't take the flag into flying vehicles, right? Including manta? UT2004 manta can be used to get on wings, but in UT3 the rotors gutblow you. So it shouldn't be possible to use it anyway, or at least not in the primary seat (air blows your flag away! :D)

realistic Seating=Can't do much;

Skeletals=No they are vertex.

On wings of manta = copy of ut2004 and more fun

Flag carrying vehicles = ghost,goliath,hellbender

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
BC,i have a suggestion.
make only ground vehicles.and make them summonable.
it would be fun to race around in big maps with the cars.imo.
yeah they should carry flags too of course.
they manta and the halo hoverbike are good ground vehicles also imo.
keep up the good work and inform us all from time to time.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Summonable way ahead of you. Make only ground vehicles? no way raptor is my best friend can't leave him hanging.

Well I'll tell you what is new. I am working on wheeled car class to make it be able to go through loops.

What? How come they are static meshes? KVehicles are, not SVehicles?

They were meshes exported from a ut2004 staticmesh file with wotgreal into 3ds then converted to .3d, almost most ut2004 actors have staticmesh counterparts.

Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
yeah.but those cant be entered when they are summoned.
;)

Don't worry it's different now, there will be a summon code that summons full installment and play it :) and now I just want to the wheeled car are closer to realistic than ever! you may have never seen anything this realistic in UT ill make video soon.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
well...wow.others would say : hey be happy like it is and shut your mouth!...
but not BC ;)

tnx for good news.its a fact ,you know, i play alot of coop.there are big maps often.we talked recently about your cars and tried to summon the lambo.
ah pls let the lambo come back imo...everyone likes it.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Ok Lambo here ya

Lambo: Cheers mate.

Oh yes There will a be vehicle version seperate for monsterhunt, because the old the monsters couldnt harm you.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
In old one you press duck or crouch when by it or 'C.' In this new one you just walk into it :).

So heres update of what I done.
Cars loop excellently, can fall on their backs, they can drift :).

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Why are the wheels partially sunk into the ground? And why does it rock from side to side even on plain surface? Other than that, the Bulldog is nice, only too good (fast and no damage :D ). And hey, I see a Cicada! And that last setting you changed is wicked :D Driving with the bottom, lol.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Why are the wheels partially sunk into the ground? And why does it rock from side to side even on plain surface? Other than that, the Bulldog is nice, only too good (fast and no damage :D ). And hey, I see a Cicada! And that last setting you changed is wicked :D Driving with the bottom, lol.

I am working hard 'ere :D