Favorite UT Song?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's your favorite UT song?

• Run (Cinder Foundry)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Save Me (Morpheus)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The Course (Tutorial Levels)

• Fire Breather (Coret Facility)

• Foregone (Facing Worlds)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Go Down (Hyperblast)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Mechanism 8 (Fractal)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Nether Animal (Oblivion)

• Razorback (Liandri Core)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Superfist (UNF-Rage)

• Total voters

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
Some of my favorites are:

Organic (DM-Organic)
Botmca #9 (DM-Phobos)
Mechanism Eight (DM-Zeto & DM-Fractal)
Cannonade (CTF-Conquest)
Caca (AS-Wolf)

But my favorite song is Nagomi Passage-Day from Unreal: Return to Na Pali.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The following songs:

botmca9 (phobos)
botmca10 (tempest right?)
Cannon (first dom level of dom ladder)
colossus
course (agony)
unworld2 (dom-sesmar)
Enigma
Credits!
endex
firebr (dm-cypress)
NEVE'S CROSSING!!!!!!
Nether (as-oceanfloor)
Foregone destruction (face and eternal caves right?)
godown (hyperblast)
lock
Hyperbore (comes witht dm-hyperboreal)
Mech8 (zeto)
Mission (dm-falkenstein :)...)
Razor-ub (liandri etc...)
Phantom (Orion belt)
Organic yep
Run is ok in the game (turbine)
Suprfist (dm-suddendeath)
transamb (dm-hall of legends!!!)
Wheels!
Spa

and

Point (comes with ctf-catherine. Great song)
IcarasSasha2 (ctf-morpheuscity)

AND

all the unreal songs :D
No kidding, all of them.

Utend, Dusk, chizra but to name a few..
Unreal music rocks! :)

Last edited:

Kirbystar823

Godlike Rocket User
Jun 15, 2001
New York
toxicc.homestead.com
Forgot to mention...

Here's something I forgot...the point of the poll up top is to show what your ABSOLUTE #1 Fav UT song is, so please pick one the next time you visit. Don't forget it's ok to post a reply if the one you love the most isn't on the list.

Also...who wouldn't love the UT music? If ya haven't listened in a while, then amp it up dudez! The best way is to go to www.download.com and search for ModPlug, get that it plays UMX files, it can even convert them to .WAV's so you can make your own custom Audio CD's! I did and my room never sounded better ;)

Another way is to get winamp, then go to their site and get the UMX plugin, it lets you play UMX's in winamp, but I don't like it as much cuz there's slight pauses inbetween song playbacks, let's say you are playin run.umx and saveme.umx is next in the list, there will be a 1-2 sec pause. I don't like that :( . So like I was sayin...get ModPlug, you UT fanatics. :)

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Mine used to be razorback. I dont really know now.
but...
for anyone that didn't see I remixed organic. It's now finished. I'm waiting for FP to put it on thier servers (in mp3). I wont release the umx version until I work out a few bugs that popped up durring the conversion.
The mp3 is stored on angelfire here
Ignore everything below "download organic...."

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
stock music: tie between between Foregone Destruction and Botmca#9
custom music: the music from CTF-Gateways and the map that used strshine as it's track, or it would have ruled if UT played it right. :(

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
None of the ones on that list are my favourites...I sorta still have a soft spot for Mechanism 8, but that's mostly a nostalgic thing - I knew the song way back before it was put in UT.

Colossus (I cannot believe you left this off the list...it's so far above all the cheesy MOD-techno stuff that plagues most of the game)
Mission Landing (ditto)
Cannonade
Enigma
Skyward Fire
and of course, the menu music

I loved Foregone Destruction when I first heard it. Until about 30 seconds into it, when the ****ty generic boring crap drum 'n' bass drums come in. :( I'm really tempted to do my own mix of this song, to fix it and make it what I think it should be.

yes

~Gwilym

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Skyward fire damn forgot about that one didn't I?
DM-Palazzo..

ANd of course saveme from Morpheus.. :) First UT level I played in the demo, back in october 1999.

Kirbystar823

Godlike Rocket User
Jun 15, 2001
New York
toxicc.homestead.com
Alright!

Now we're talking! Thanks for the votes in the poll, keep em coming in!

TableTrousers, your idea of a new song or a remix of one rocks! Once it's done send it to me, I will feature it in some of my levels I might make. Good luck!

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Winter from Tactical ops and the music from gateways both own. Its either Organic, Firebr or Razorback form default UT that get me going :)

They are all good tho.

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
Re: Alright!

Originally posted by Kirbystar823

TableTrousers, your idea of a new song or a remix of one rocks! Once it's done send it to me, I will feature it in some of my levels I might make. Good luck!

keep up with the play, buddy-boy.

I posted my first UMX-exclusive release a while back...no one seemed to give a ****, so I'm disillusioned right now.

If I was to make a remix, it would probably not be in UMX format. UMX is one of the worst tracked formats I've come across, and it requires many, MANY compromises to be made before a song will play decently in UT. If I was to spend the time optimising a song, it would be one of my own creations, not a remix. Right now I'm unlikely to do any UMXs, if I'm not gunna get any response from them.

Remixes (if I ever make any) will most likely be in MP3 format...maybe XM or IT if I don't feel like mastering the song.

~Gwilym