Duke Nukem Forever Comments

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Voodoo Extreme has unearthed a few of the always entertaining comments from 3D Realms' George Broussard on the official forums. Here's one:

Fan Question: The only thing I can figure is that this is a case of a desire for too much perfection.

Broussard: That's not it at all. We certainly have very high standards, but the bottom line is that we had some issues and made some big mistakes and that cost us a few years of wasted development. We started fresh in very late 02 (really early 03) and have been on a pretty good pace since then. We are making progress and driving towards something.

This reallly is a case of just screwing up in a cosmic way early on, then just deciding to try to do it right.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
I'm getting really tired of this horse manure.

Just finish the god damn game, Mr Broussard.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
deadhorse.jpg

Rocketman

Apr 10, 2000
Birmingham,AL,US
www.ts3d.com
Nobody's Cares?

There are still tons of people that care about this game, you can't generalize it and say nobody carese, because they do. You may not care, and that's your business. I for one, look forward to this game coming out.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
Mr3dmax said:
There are still tons of people that care about this game, you can't generalize it and say nobody carese, because they do. You may not care, and that's your business. I for one, look forward to this game coming out.

Have fun with that.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
heh.. the usual DNF bashing..
why? just because the game has been in production for almost 10 years?
It's just another game. If you don't like it, fine, it's not like 3drealms owes you anything.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
hunterw said:
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER MORE LIKE DUKE NUKEM TAKING FOREVER

AM I RITE

Hey, cool, I NEVER thought before about the association of the word FOREVER and the long dev time. Cool, thank god, we have innovative and creative minds.

Seriously: You are rite! As have been about 1,423,721 people before you in the last 7 to 8 years.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
fuegerstef said:
Hey, cool, I NEVER thought before about the association of the word FOREVER and the long dev time. Cool, thank god, we have innovative and creative minds.

Seriously: You are rite! As have been about 1,423,721 people before you in the last 7 to 8 years.

Okay dude.

He could have been making fun of the pun.
It's not like you were any more original with your post.
________
HOW TO ROLL A JOINT

Last edited:

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Is it that hard to understand some people are still interested in DNF.
After all, DN3D was a fun game, and in my opinion Quake right after that was boring enough for DN3D to keep me amused for quite a while after that.
This indicates chances are DNF will be a fun game as well.
It could be, it could not be, I'll decide when I get to play it myself.
If you ask me this is a much more valid method of judging.

If it's the great game I still hope it will be, and have no real reason to assume it won't be, then great.
If it is something bad, then I won't buy it and maybe buy something else.

Of course 3DR screwed up, like they have admitted literally this time, but how can so many people claim they don't care anymore, yet keep posting that time and time again, and/or keep making the same 5-or-so variants of "Forever" wordplay?
That is the part I don't understand.

It's not like they took anything from anyone, they can make the game at the pace they want (or apparently they can't, but that's the things with screwups), complaining about it will do just as much as complaining the sun comes up every day.

Mind you, I'm not attacking anyone in this thread, nor any individual in general; I am just wondering about the culture that formed around this whole DNF thing.