Frag movie: Flash - Kings of the Impossible

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We received word of a new frag movie, Flash - Kings of the Impossible, that looks pretty promising. The details are below, and the codec (x264) info can be found here.
Flash - Kings of the Impossible is a fast paced Unreal Tournament 2004 frag movie that begins and ends with a bang without relying on flashy effects. It features frags from zyth, MxX and UZi from the clan Deus Ex Machina against top North American players. All the frags used were taken in competitive settings and mainly come from official matches or scrims in preparation of the UT2k4 4v4 TDM Americup hosted by GGL, in which Deus EX Machina finished fourth.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
codec info:

This movie uses the new x264 codec which now surpasses XviD for high quality encoding. For playback, either install the files located in the Playback folder or download the latest ones from the official x264 website ( http://www.x264.nl/). Run the installers for the filter, but make sure you do the following:
FFDShow:
When at the Video Decoder section, be sure to check the box for H.264, X264.
When at the Audio Decoder section, be sure to check the box for AAC.
Matroska Splitter:
When at the Options section, be sure to check Enable MP4 support.
Play the file in your favorite DirectShow compatible player like Windows Media Player.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
WTF is all that sh*t I just installed? And why is the codec so processor intensive my 2.8 GHz P4 can't keep up and keep the movie running smoothly? Why not just use XviD?

Good frags for the most part but the editing is severely lackluster after seeing all of Cristal's movies. I don't know if the music was synced because the video was lagged behind the music so much that when the progress bar got to the end it stayed there for a good 20 seconds before the video was actually done. WTF. :con:

[edit]
That was all in Windows Media Player. I then tried the VLC media player and it worked seemlessly, even without installing the crap that comes in the RAR file with the video.
[/edit]

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
x264 is surely one of the best codecs out there and I believe there is a single instal file too, which is just the files you'd need to run any movie encoded with x264.

PigBear

Jun 3, 2004
My movie also lagged.. but.. allright i guess. Not the best fragmovie ever.. really good frags but crappy editing