Epic On The Move

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
As Epic Games begins to move to their new headquarters just down the street, CliffyB gets all nostalgic about the good times they've had in his latest blog.

I'll miss this office. We finished Unreal Tournament with the Digital Extremes guys here. We did the PS2 port of UT, UT03, UT04, started Gears, UT07, and had a lot of good times involving scooters, family pets, and the occasional level designer who felt it was a good idea to return to the work "quiet room" one night after a monster bender... which ultimately resulted in a carpet stain and a stench that wouldn't go away for months after.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
All things must come to and end sadly.

Hopefully their new headquarters will suit them well.

Heres to more carpet stains!! *raises glass*

Yeah! We demand pics! Atleast send pics of the new place. I already know what your current place is like.

Possilbe places they will move to are:

The Playboy Mansion
The Moon Base (being built by NASA)
The Liandri Corp. Building
A Underwater Sealab (Seaquest DSV style)
Next door to me (we can hang out and laugh and play silly games)
Some other building in NC that I don't know about.
Area 51

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
The Jackal-XMP said:
They are closing down due to lack of intrest and crap news as of late. Last I heard, they will open back up around the release of UT2k7 and/or GOW.

Yep, heard that too. But they are still unsure if they will open with the release of GoW as there will be a lot of others GoW fan- and newsites around.
Probably will relaunch the site only when Ut2k7 Demo is out.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
hal said:
... which ultimately resulted in a carpet stain and a stench that wouldn't go away for months after.
They should have cut out a square of the offending section of carpet, had it framed in a way to enhance the stains, autographed the frame and launched a competition/promotion so that some rabid gamer could win in it to hang it on their very own wall......

...or sold it on eBay.