Defence Alliance 2 Bot Update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I love a mod with good bot support and it looks like the Defence Alliance team is doing a lot of work to give bots what they need to offer a challenge. DA|aBsOlUt gave some details in a forum post today:

Bots will effectively use grenades with realistic aiming, grenades will not land at your feet as bots will have some error based on what direction you move.
Dynamic bot class selection function. Basically it takes several current stats of the map like how many turrets exist, what class players/other bots are and basically finds out what the team might need help on. Hence attacking team gets more rocket guys because usually defenders have turrets...If offensive turrets are built then the defenders will adjust as well.
Rocket launcher gets a damage bonus against turrets, very effective, bots are aware of this and if they are anti-armor they will always use their rocket launcher against them. Sniper bots on the other side will avoid shooting at turrets (unless really the place is dead...)
Bots will melee if they are nearby and they will prefer this instead of reloading in front of your face.
Bots will reload their clips not only when it gets empty but even if they idle for a bit to ensure they are ready for battle.
Mechanic bots will build new turrets/ammoboxes as well as repair and ensure they are functional.
Bots will avoid low health turrets as they can explode and kill many nearby people.
Bots will fear enemy grenades and try to avoid them as long as they can.
Bots will try to burst fire if the distance of the enemy is big to ensure better accuracy.
Sniper bots will get a bonus to choose enemy mechanics that build/repair turrets.

Die4Honor

Bla Bla Bla.
Aug 9, 2005
Still no download link, man this is a joke.:lol:
FluXs said:
and dont forget... this is only Beta v1.0.0
Yes i am still waiting for it, after 6 months or more.

brokenFIX

Oct 29, 2004
some of us have been waiting for this since the UT2003 days. But I do believe that it will be worth the wait.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Christ ive been waiting since UT99 after DA:UT v1.6 ^_^

Ive just tested the said bot support and it is very cool. Even Bot Mechanics are cool as they come along and help you finish off constructing stuff.

Melee is fun too, you cant run near a enemy bot or run around them, as one of them will whack you over the head.

The reason why its taken a while, is that we didnt rush during the MSUC and around that time most people where busy on other MODs, but it comes to a point where you need to release something and build on from there. Be thankful lol, we could just carry on developing it and adding all our planned features and game modes. But I feel by then UT3 will be out :p

Hopefully, this release will spark some talented people to help out on our mod and get the rest of it rolling (and going faster) thats my main hope.

Edit:

LOL, 888 posts

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
yep yummy ... altough I'd also love to be able to set my bot's class-preferences meself ;)