The Ultimate Shaving Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Your favourite shaving method?

• plucking with tweezers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • waxing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I use both. A philips electric razor+trimmer to keep stubble down and gilette mach5/fusion for a cleaner shave. The 3-blade/5-blade razors work well but it's a good idea to have a cup with some mineral oil to dip them in so they last longer.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I use my electric Braun 95% of the time because that's how often I don't need a super close shave. I'd rather just save time.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Wet shaving, disposable razor. My facial hair apparently has an elemental resistance to electric-based attacks, since all the electric razors I've tried on it seem to do sod all.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I use that spray stuff where you can wipe the hair off afterwards.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just don't want to look back ever since I got my hands on a electric razor. Much faster, no cream (a can could last me so long it started getting rusty) and no hassle.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The trick for me is to use shaving shower gel instead of the more common foam. If I don't, I always get a razor burn mustache. I always shave in the shower at the very end, and use a face cleanser just before applying the gel. Oh yeah, and I use a Fusion, but I've found the other stuff makes a bigger difference than the razor.

I really want to try shaving paste with the old style plain razor, but I don't know where to buy the thing that actually holds the razor. I've been told that with practice it works just as well if not better than the 5-blade razors. However, it's a ton cheaper. The blades for the fusion are just waaay too much.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I have such little facial hair and it still doesn't grow very fast, so I use one cheap razor that you can throw away after a few uses. Since I don't use it much, it can last a long while :D

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Dry shave with disposable Gillette (I think Fusion?) 5 bladed things. (not an option in the poll!)
Sure, occasionally the stubble is stubborn and irritates when I do it that way, and when it's bad I'll dip the razor in water a bit, but otherwise nice and clean.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I us a Fusion, and if my wife had her way I'd use it three times a day. I have one of those vibrating Fusion razors and I just do it wet, sometimes I pre-shave with the electric since my facial hair is the thickness of century old redwood trees and even a little more than a single day of not shaving makes it hurt a bit to shave with the razor.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I use the mach 3 razors, but I generally don't shave every day because 1) I'm not that hairy, so I can get away with it and 2) it really irritates my skin if I do. I've been thinking about picking up an electric razor but I'm pretty ignorant on the subject and don't want to get a cheap one that I won't use (having experienced how crappy cheap ones are).

~Jason

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
leggs = Never
Back = Never
Butt = Never
Underarms = Never
Feet = Never
Pupic area = Never
Head = Never
Arms = Never
Chest = Never
Face = Lightsaber
Nose = Never
Ears = Never

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Wet shave with a Mach3 every two days.
Any longer than that and I'm tearing my face off.
Could never get along with an electric shaver - never felt like it gave me a proper shave.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Mach 3, I refuse to pay to upgrade to a newer razor just because it has a vibrator built into the handle.

Electric razors just don't cut close enough, and for longer work I have an actual beard trimmer.

Then again I sport a Beard most of the time so all the razor gets used for is shaving mah bawls.