is inf still alive?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
been something like 5-6 years ago since i played and thinkin of installing it again but cant find any irc channels or so, is the game still alive at all? wonder if any of the old guys still are active :) and.. most important of all, does it function with vista? (no i dont know why i installed the crappiest os system ever) having some problems on running the regular UT on my pc because the gamespeed seems to switch with every server i log on to... would be fun if anyone from back then is still playing :]

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Alive? No. But necrophilia can be nice too :D

There are still some players for TDM and COOP and very rare DTAS occurences, so if you don't intend to find a populated server 24/7 but are willining to join whenever a gave happens, just give it a try.

As for Vista: no probs on Vista32 here, though you will need to do some tweaks due to modern hardware (speedsteping, multicore), but the troubleshooting section has a few threads in these topics, plus you can always start a new one (do it in the wrong section so I can lay blame on our lazy moderator :D)

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
sounds good :)
but, i do have low hopes that i would get it to work, im pretty blonde and computers ist really my thing tbh :p
gonna dl it soon anyway and give it a shot.. is there some irc channel for infiltration? i looked around a bit at some other forums and from what i read there its the #infiltration @ gamesnet or whatever, tried it out but only 1 guy there and he was inactive since years back.

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
hahah, n1! but yes, youre right, not too sure about abusing nerds tho :p

gah i should get to it and dl it i guess.. is the dl at the official site still available? from what i remember it was kinda slow. any other place i can get it from faster? my connection isnt the best these days either so ill probably have it by tomorrow at best :D

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Marita was on #infiltration. I pointed her here. There are no discussions since the channel is dead and I'm the only one who still inhabits it. Yepp, I'm guarding the corpse (and while my nick is always online I'm actually hardly present at all, so don't take this post as cry for people to come chat with me.)

#inf is almost as dead as #infiltration

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
should be some clan channel at least at irc where theres some ppl who can guide an almost complete noob trough the basics?
gonna install it in a bit, anyone here to help me if i mess up? :D

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
hm, as expected i messed up :p
i did get the installation complete but it says some file is missing and then the pc just lockes up.

nice welcoming at #inf btw :/

think ill just give up

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
openAL32.dll is the file missing, havent even searched for it yet and dont know where to put it if i find it either :p

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
From here:
- If you downloaded Infiltration 2.9 community edition and have an onboard soundcard or a nividia one, and did choose to not install the OpenAL, but still gets an error about not finding sound driver or some openAL error.
You need to open the Infiltration.ini /Infiltration_psytex.ini and find the line AudioDevice= and change it to AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
Since the community edition´s .ini setup has it pre-install the openAL driver to the inf.ini this might fix that.

Might help.

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
got the gae to start but loads of stuff to dl from the server.. is there some pack anywhere i can get?

Marita

Jul 1, 2009
it says missmatch with the file inf_core.int when i finally downloaded the things from there.. cant connect, and only find 1 server thhe inf_coop 2 or something.. can anyone send me the right file or what im supposed to do? running with vista..