Official Site/Forum Issues Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Yeah. I'm not sure what to do about anti-spam. That question has cut down on spam accounts a lot and only requires a literal reading but it's clearly more than some people can handle.

It may be obvious to you as a native speaker. However, if you have the slightest problems with the language, it becomes incomprehensible. It took me several minutes before I had a first idea what the word might be.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It may be obvious to you as a native speaker. However, if you have the slightest problems with the language, it becomes incomprehensible. It took me several minutes before I had a first idea what the word might be.
It's terrible I agree. But there are no more updates for the vB anti-spam on vB 3.X and using it basically means you will get flooded with spammers. I could just go back to a simple captcha or something I guess.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I changed it. The question now reads:

Replace the numbers with the specified words then answer the question: What word starts with 1 and ends with 2? (1 = Un, 2 = real!) [Punctuation matters]

Think this makes more sense?

Diehard

Please answer

To Sir_Brizz,

Could you please answer my e-mail and PMs. I wrote you several times and i don't get any response. Its a highly personal question that only you can answer. And i am waiting 2 months now for an answer, its just from site admin to site admin, no-ones business.

Effectively i only need a number, thats all.

Regards, Diehard A.K.A. Brecht van der Sande

GEx.ut

GEx
Oct 7, 2013
Kaunas, Lithuania
Question: Why does a mod need to check a post that was posted in the UT section, yet it doesn't happen in the offtopic and other games sections? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
So much for beyondUnreal, looks more like BeyondAnything. The rumors were true...:(

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Question: Why does a mod need to check a post that was posted in the UT section, yet it doesn't happen in the offtopic and other games sections? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
So much for beyondUnreal, looks more like BeyondAnything. The rumors were true...:(
What? Posts shouldn't need to be approved most of the time. I approve them when I see them but I rarely check the actual moderation queue. If you tried to post something and it got moderated, let us know either here via PM or via email at feedback@beyondunreal.com.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I know this may be a big ask at the moment (no idea about you hosting), but could this site please move forward with total HTTPS ?
SSL/TLS for only the login phase is no longer considered adequate.

I know this site is a "low-risk" site, but the hackers have a lot more info recently, and the whole web will be moving to total HTTPS after login.

At least add this to the "to be looked into" list.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Mostly the reason I haven't done that is that we don't host our own stuff and thus I am lazy. I may do that at some point, though. I will see what it will take. Wildcard UC certs aren't cheap though I suppose that protecting forums. is the most important thing.

Diehard

To Sir_Brizz,

Why don't you give any response, i know you read this thread, so you must have read my post above, but no anwser....

I have sent you PM',s, mail, and as last resort i decide to make a post, and i still dont' get a responce while it is critical information i need from you. Its not a joke or something but can you please find the time to contact me....

Apearently you dont understand its very, very, very important to me and you have the answer i am looking for.....

I almost beg you to answer me, and if you have additional questions, I am more than happy to answer them all frankly.

Regards, Diehard

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
To Sir_Brizz,

Why don't you give any response, i know you read this thread, so you must have read my post above, but no anwser....

I have sent you PM',s, mail, and as last resort i decide to make a post, and i still dont' get a responce while it is critical information i need from you. Its not a joke or something but can you please find the time to contact me....

Apearently you dont understand its very, very, very important to me and you have the answer i am looking for.....

I almost beg you to answer me, and if you have additional questions, I am more than happy to answer them all frankly.

Regards, Diehard
I'm not sure what this is about but I waited for Brizz's response on something too and only got it very recently. He is probably busy to get to all messages all the time etc. As I mentioned elsewhere, the moderators/admins don't come here that often anymore.

Diehard

Yeah, but i did sent my first message juli 1st 2013, and more spread over the other months, cause i don't want to push someone. But over 6 months..........

And as said, its super(read Mega) important for me personally. And because the information is private i can't tell anyone about it, and didnt want to make it a public post, but i know he has been on this thread several times after my first post, so i don't get it. But posting was last resort, otherwise i would have never ever done it.

I can only tell, it has nothing to do with Unreal or any of the other games, so everyone will left in limbo, sorry for that.

Last edited: