What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I hate my ISP. (not making another thread for it.)
hatemyisp.gif

This happened while I was playing the game!!!

This can't be real. Or is it?
They are allowed to 'scan' files from your computer?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
This can't be real. Or is it?
They are allowed to 'scan' files from your computer?
Comcast does that too and sent my friend one of those notices when he tried to get GoW. They didn't disable his connection, at least. Of course, he feels that he deserves to download GoW for free since Epic stole his $50 for UT3, GoW's a cheap console port, and there's no demo to try.

They don't scan your computer (I hope); they monitor their traffic. Many torrents are planted and watched by third parties there for anti-piracy concerns. Applications like PeerGuardian are useless in this way since they are checking the traffic before it even gets to you.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason a Comcast connection gets really slow and unresponsive when you have a torrent going -- including legal ones. When their system recognizes that protocol, they likely dump all your traffic into a monitoring system to check for blacklisted files, slowing things down in the process.

I think isohunt is rife with fake/planted/watched files. Don't use it.

Edit. On topic, I just finished getting pissed off at COD4 on veteran difficulty so I'm going to go watch Shawshank Redemption and eat some Wheat Thins. :mad:

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
I'm pretty sure that's the reason a Comcast connection gets really slow and unresponsive when you have a torrent going -- including legal ones. When their system recognizes that protocol, they likely dump all your traffic into a monitoring system to check for blacklisted files, slowing things down in the process.

I think isohunt is rife with fake/planted/watched files. Don't use it.

I know a couple of sites that have torrents that have numerous watched torrents. Surprisingly Demonoid had a bunch before it was shut down.

The reason why I am mad is because when I talked to them, they said that I was downloading the game, even though I had the game. I was playing it when it was shut off. They kept saying that it was coming from my IP address, and one of the people there said that someone could of broken the encryption for my router (which makes me even more mad because I just bought that router)

HAHAHAHA

Feb 29, 2008
Guess what dude, put the crest away:p

Like I said, don't be nubcake. I'll chill, but realize that it won't work. I still post at Epic Forums at will.

OWNED:p