UC for Gamecube

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UncleThursday

teh suxx0r
Sep 6, 2004
Hell, AKA New Jersey
www.gamesarefun.com
Sir_Brizz said:
So... do you have any sources for your information? Everything I've read on NPD (and elsewhere) shows Gamecube dead last on everything for Q4 2003 and Annual 2003. While they had an increase in sales (21.8% I believe) Q1 2004 and MS and Sony showed losses, they still showed up last because the increase didn't envelop the difference that was already made. It's true that XBox and GC are very close in the running, but I still see XBox with roughly 9mil units and GC with roughly 7mil.

The numbers I can find while my laptop is in the shop (again *groan*) are limited The numbers from NPD I have readily available on this machine are the numbers for November 2003, from 2 sources: NPD sales showed the GC sold 754k with the Xbox selling 491k in November, another source (that may include Wal-Mart in its tracking, which NPD does not) showed the GC selling 1,008,000 and the Xbox selling 667k in November of 2003.

Oh, I found some more numbers on Google.

October: GC-254k, Xbox-176k
December: GC-1.160 mil, Xbox-1.080 mil

Remember, Microsoft only claimed sales victory in the final 2 weeks of December over the GC for the quarter, but they still were behind for the month.

But, the quarter had the GC beating the Xbox in all three months.

Since the New Year, though, Microsoft has again been outselling Nintendo in North America, especially after the price cut of the Xbox. In fact, the lead of the Xbox had been cut from 1.4 mil down to around 800k by the end of the holidays (in order to cut a lead, you have to sell more than your opponent, otherwise the lead won't decrease), but now appears to be back up to a 1.4-1.5 mil lead. Of course this doesn't make up the 2.9 mil + lead the GC has in Japan for the worldwide placing. ;)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
:lol: well yah in Japan ;)

Anyways, please post your sources, I would like to see them.

Lewis

May 1, 2003
it won't happen... as the original post is nearly 3 years old, and theres not even any sign of anything for it it won't happen

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Gamecube and Xbox have both sold very well, lets just put it at that. Its not a penis size contest between Microsoft and Nintendo, so I don't know why you guys are making it into one. And if you want to talk numbers, the playstation 2 has sold over 60 million units world wide. So I think you can consider both the gamecube and Xbox owned by a huge margin by the playstation 2. Bet you can't guess why the PS2 is considered the better system despite its aging hardware? I'll give you a hint... it has something to do with the games...

Last edited:

UncleThursday

teh suxx0r
Sep 6, 2004
Hell, AKA New Jersey
www.gamesarefun.com
Sir_Brizz said:
:lol: well yah in Japan ;)

Anyways, please post your sources, I would like to see them.

I have to scour the web for my numbers, anymore. I used to get NDP TRST numbers from a friend, but he stopped sending them out.

Finding NPD numbers is becomming harder and harder, and you have to scour message boards and compare the numbers given to see how they match up, because gaming sites no longer seem to publish the actual numbers. NPD probably has them sign NDAs on the numbers, since they charge an arm and a leg plus your first born's soul for them (it's like $10k per report), and posting them on gaming news sites sort of defeats the purpose of charging money for them.