So, are you prepared for slavery ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
...Cos that's the way national debts are going.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
I had no idea the The People's Democratic Republic of Yemen was doing so badly. Thanks Zur. We should all take a moment and contemplate their plight.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Not an obama basher, and previous governments probably share the blame, but see how it adds up...

attachment.php

And I guess this holds true for any government that continues to pretend it's ok to pile up debt like there's no tommorow. This is complete bullshit.

Attachments

• tax381613_344871708944695_485743277_n.jpg
    tax381613_344871708944695_485743277_n.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Not an obama basher, and previous governments probably share the blame, but see how it adds up...

And I guess this holds true for any government that continues to pretend it's ok to pile up debt like there's no tommorow. This is complete bullshit.

yeah the problem with that stupid picture is that the deficit takes into account the unfunded Bush tax cuts and the unfunded Bush wars.
he borrowed on the wars and he didn't pay for the tax cuts.

all that shit carries interest.
we'll be paying for it multiple presidents from now. it's not "Obama's" deficit.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
yeah the problem with that stupid picture is that the deficit takes into account the unfunded Bush tax cuts and the unfunded Bush wars.
he borrowed on the wars and he didn't pay for the tax cuts.

all that shit carries interest.
we'll be paying for it multiple presidents from now. it's not "Obama's" deficit.

This.

Also, why are we always caught up with our fetish on the debt and deficit. The deficit isn't the only thing that needs to be fixed. How about fairness? The United States is one of the top first-world countries to have income inequality. The top earners have had their proportion of earnings skyrocket, while the rest of the middle class and poor have had their wages plummet. We live in a society where we let companies like Hostess be grossly mismanaged, with the executives wanting to force their workers to accept lower wages, lower benefits, lower retirement. And what happened when they refused? The executives fired the ~18,000 employees, and gave themselves multimillion dollar bonuses (which our broken judicial system approved) for a 'job well done.'

Letting the tax cuts expire for the wealthiest among us (What Obama is proposing isn't a tax hike on the higher earners, it is a proposal to revert it to Clinton-era rates. If we wanted to increase the taxes, we would look at the times in the Reagan and JFK administrations.) is one stepping stone that is necessary to fix the greater problem. Each grain of sand fills a beach.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yeah the problem with that stupid picture is that the deficit takes into account the unfunded Bush tax cuts
Yeah, those evil, unfunded Bush tax cuts that expire at the end of the year bringing in the massive and indeterminably valuable amount of $1trillion dollars over ten years.

That means next year the federal deficit will be reduced from $1.6 trillion to $1.5 trillion.

WOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the unfunded Bush wars.
Yeah, those evil Bush wars both of which Obama personally voted to fund multiple times and one of which Obama has not even tried to end. The war in Afghanistan is estimated to cost just under $200bn for 2012 AND 2013. So if Obama can just end that evil, unfunded war and let the evil, unfunded Bush tax cuts expire the deficit will finally be a measly $1.4 trillion!

WOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Yeah, those evil, unfunded Bush tax cuts that expire at the end of the year bringing in the massive and indeterminably valuable amount of $1trillion dollars over ten years.

That means next year the federal deficit will be reduced from $1.6 trillion to $1.5 trillion.

WOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, those evil Bush wars both of which Obama personally voted to fund multiple times and one of which Obama has not even tried to end. The war in Afghanistan is estimated to cost just under $200bn for 2012 AND 2013. So if Obama can just end that evil, unfunded war and let the evil, unfunded Bush tax cuts expire the deficit will finally be a measly $1.4 trillion!

WOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh? Are you now arguing that the trillion dollars in debt added from the bush cuts isn't part of the problem(because, guess what? It's been 10 years)?

Also, what fucking world are you living in when you say that Obama has not tried to end the wars? Iraq is done and Afghanistan is coming to a close soon.

While, obviously, your point is about how large the deficit is that there are no simple, singular measures, don't be an idiot and claim that just because a single thing can't automatically fix it that it isn't worth our time.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah! Tax cuts for the 99% partisan unfunded end the fed election gay marriage abortion war on drugs! Rage!

tumblr_mcxrz1cn0r1r8de51o1_500.gif

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
good luck in 2016 bro, you'll need it.
Good retort. Bring up something I didn't mention.
Huh? Are you now arguing that the trillion dollars in debt added from the bush cuts isn't part of the problem(because, guess what? It's been 10 years)?
Nope. My point is the deficit is the bigger problem and reversing the Bush tax cuts won't make a dent in the deficit, let alone the debt.
Also, what fucking world are you living in when you say that Obama has not tried to end the wars? Iraq is done and Afghanistan is coming to a close soon.
I don't think he has done anything more than was already planned to end the conflicts in the middle east. I honestly don't think he has made a wrong decision regarding the wars (other than giving specific dates for troop withdrawals, but that's a different matter entirely), but it's ridiculous to use wars that he agreed to fund while in Congress as something that has ruined our national financial situation. According to CBO estimates, at the end of next year the war in Afghanistan will have cost about $640bn. All of that money over the last decade would barely make a dent in this years deficit.
While, obviously, your point is about how large the deficit is that there are no simple, singular measures, don't be an idiot and claim that just because a single thing can't automatically fix it that it isn't worth our time.
I agree, but oh so much more than the Bush tax cuts need to be on the table for anything meaningful to happen. Maybe they are worth our time, I won't make that judgement. But every federal program and tax cut should be evaluated, not just ones that can easily be demonized despite not being nearly as big of an issue as they are made out to be.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Also, why are we always caught up with our fetish on the debt and deficit. The deficit isn't the only thing that needs to be fixed. How about fairness? The United States is one of the top first-world countries to have income inequality. The top earners have had their proportion of earnings skyrocket, while the rest of the middle class and poor have had their wages plummet. We live in a society where we let companies like Hostess be grossly mismanaged, with the executives wanting to force their workers to accept lower wages, lower benefits, lower retirement. And what happened when they refused? The executives fired the ~18,000 employees, and gave themselves multimillion dollar bonuses (which our broken judicial system approved) for a 'job well done.'

This is why everyone's life goal should be to be something like an executive instead of just another person in a cupcake assembly line. If you think the government should be allowed to tell someone what to do with their company you're crazy.

Also, wages are plummeting for the lower classes because their jobs are becoming redundant and far less important. Why will something like Walmart need thousands of store employees if everyone shops online in the future? It will be those potential future Walmart employees fault for not aiming higher. ANYONE should see this coming. Hostess went shit because no one buys their shitty cupcakes anymore since the country has been on an "organic food" trend for 12 years. The last time I had a Hostess product I was still a kid. I don't know anyone that bought their products and I'm in the fat ass midwest.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
This is why everyone's life goal should be to be something like an executive instead of just another person in a cupcake assembly line. If you think the government should be allowed to tell someone what to do with their company you're crazy.

Also, wages are plummeting for the lower classes because their jobs are becoming redundant and far less important. Why will something like Walmart need thousands of store employees if everyone shops online in the future? It will be those potential future Walmart employees fault for not aiming higher. ANYONE should see this coming. Hostess went shit because no one buys their shitty cupcakes anymore since the country has been on an "organic food" trend for 12 years. The last time I had a Hostess product I was still a kid. I don't know anyone that bought their products and I'm in the fat ass midwest.

Yes, everyone should be an executive, ordering around all the other executi... oh wait.