Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
new game it is going to be beter then mine craft look at the realistic water effectxs and grass and most importently 3D AXE !!!

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLRObjlwhc[/M]

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
new game it is going to be beter then mine craft look at the realistic water effectxs and grass and most importently 3D AXE !!!
Wow, the creator of that game is being such a jackass by acting like he can't understand why people are flaming him. Check out their website -- he's a complete asshole.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Wow, the creator of that game is being such a jackass by acting like he can't understand why people are flaming him. Check out their website -- he's a complete asshole.

Can you just tell us how he's an asshole instead? I can't find much on the main website. I don't understand why people would be flaming him either. :con:

Reading just a few of his comments and the thread he made on minecraft forums, he seems like a nice guy just having to bother with fending off self righteous retards claiming copyright and not knowing anything about copyright OR minecraft's origins. :lol:

Edit:
About the server:
There hasn't been a lot of activity on the server recently, also I've been getting a crap load of glitches and bugs with the recent server builds. I think I'll probably just not run the server for the next couple of days until a minecraft update is released along with an updated modded server build. It might be up a little during the day though. Depends.

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
So, to recap..
Notch made a clone of something he liked (Infiniminer), became incredibly popular with it, two others then make clones of his clone, attempting to cash in on the current block craze?

Oh wait, the 'FortressCraft' video's by "Keemstar" and "Federation of assholes".. Now I know why they're flaming that game. :D

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Looks like the update is out now. :)

Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
* Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button
* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
* Added three new half-size blocks
* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”
* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
* It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves
* Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
* Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors
* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!

Apparently beds are made from 3xwool on 3xplanks and does what it says on the tin in singeplayer at least.
The new lighting is pretty nifty too, looks odd placing torches in niches in the wall because the wool at the back doesn't light up... Wierd! Everything else looks nicer but a bit darker generally.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Cool, I'm about to start up the vanilla server in like 10 mins and try it out. Depends how long this map stuff takes.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Oh wait, the 'FortressCraft' video's by "Keemstar" and "Federation of assholes".. Now I know why they're flaming that game. :D
Yea... Watching the "This is Fortress Craft" video on Youtube has me shaking my head
This especially: Though similar to minecraft, it gives you much more capabilities!
Ya, it's Minecraft with prettier graphics

I haven't even played Minecraft and this FortressCraft looks like an exact ripoff

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
So apparently the map is supposed to update as you go. I can't check though because I need to be able to log on. :(

There are some people in the server but I have no idea who.

I turned off the server for now though.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Ahh, so there WAS an update :D

Just a heads-up, I have updated the SineCraft texture set to be compatible with Minecraft Beta 1.3. The new textures and item icons have been edited to match the set. I don't know if any of you guys use it, but if you do the release thread is still here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=131223&p=2757562#p2757562

EDIT: If any of you are using release v8, this is just an FYI that release v8.2 is now up. You might want to grab it because I accidentally left one of the new blocks out in release v8.

By the way, here's a preview of the full set. It should go without saying, but don't attempt to use this as your terrain.png file, as it WILL NOT work.

[SCREENSHOT]http://sadpanda.us/images/378008-3RV7XSR.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I like the fact that sandstone is naturally occuring now. I don't like that stone slabs now require a LOT more time to make, time for some serious coal hoarding to smelt all that cobblestone.

What's the status on the server? I haven't logged in for a few days.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
What I want from a texture pack now is a sandstone texture that makes it look more natural. A texture of bricks and stuff like that appearing naturally everywhere is pretty bad looking IMO... Dungeons and lava meeting water excused...

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I haven't even played Minecraft and this FortressCraft looks like an exact ripoff

And why shouldn't it be?

My non-issues with that video is:

a) 5x HDR doesn't "better" make. That video looks hideous, and if fortresscraft's gonna be like that, then block engine and even minecraft itself will beat it by far.

b) it's keemstar praising it. self-proclaimed star of halo, though most commonly referred to as the halo dramaqueen.

Last edited:

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Bought minecraft yesterday and I must say its probablly the best 20 dollars I've spent on a game sense amnesia