UT2kX Jetpack for UT2k4 [DL][Pic][30 Aug 2013]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Jetpack for UT2k4 [DL][Pic][22 Sept 2013]

Title: YM Jetpack
Description: Jetpacks for UT2k4 that mimic the behavior of the jetpack from Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. Two versions: "Old Skool" Low Poly (ala SW:SOTE) and newer model (made to look like the one from Halo:Reach)
Version: Rev-2, 22 September 2013 for UT2k4
Author: Meowcat (models, skins, physics code).

Download Link Here!

<->

I'd used the jetpack by Phoenix but could never quite get the handle of it so I decided to try making my own to mimic the behavior of the jetpack from SW:SOTE. I used some of the code examples in the previous jetpack mod (specifically for capturing key-presses) but everything else was created/written over the last day or two (I used various bits of code from my YARM ninja-rope, and other powerup code). I made it to be compatible with the default UT2k4 characters and my YARM mod pawns.

To use the jetpack either summon it in game or use the YM Jetpack mutator. Make sure to bind a key to the "Activate Inventory" control, as that is what turns the jet pack on and off. Once its on just hold down the jump key to boot up, if you let go of the key the jetpack will slow your descent while minimizing "fuel burn." You will hover 'wobbily' above the ground (about 64uus). The "fuel" recharges while the jetpack is not on. I've done some minimal testing in network games and it seems to work ok.

Please leave feedback!

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Can you upload this to another hosting which isn't GameFront? Many of us won't be able to download this.
What's wrong with GameFront? Yeah, the survey questions are a little annoying but you can just click through them super fast so it doesn't really matter.

UT2kxPartyBoy

Third world user
Jul 13, 2008
Pergamino
pabloperugino.com
Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
This is great, I've always wanted a jetpack and now there's one in a video game.
Thanks!

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Yeah he posted it at the moddb :) thanks for sharing the link
It's just a shame that gamefront became sucky ....