My car was murdered.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Toyota's are definitely known for safety standards, but to be fair the same could be said of any 2 vehicles when the accident occurred at only about 40 MPH.

I wouldn't say that, but I'm sure a lot of modern car brands are safe these days. Toyota is the only one I've had the pleasure of testing it's airbags with my own body parts. I'm sticking with what I know works. I've been in accidents in older cars and they sure as shit don't work as well as my car did even in 15mph collisions. I was uninjured this time because I had airbags covering every possible area that my body could hit, not just in the steering wheel.

It was during a heavy downpour. He said he thought I was turning and I definitely wasn't. He was already scared shitless when I spoke with him and extremely apologetic. He knew he screwed up. I told him shit happens and tried to seem non-confrontational. He was already ready to cry. Yelling at him wouldn't do any good. He's already going to have to pay financially when his rates sky rocket after repairing 4 cars.

It would have been a different story if I was hurt or if my wife was in the car. I go into a blind rage and start throwing feces in that scenario.

Well something like that is a different story, when the person who was at fault and causes the accident actually fesses up! that amazes me, ad I'm glad it worked out like that for you. :)

That's a rarity in these days, most everyone is too willfully ignorant to ever admit fault in any scenario.

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
Is it bad that I can't stop laughing?

Yes it is! And shame on you, tag writers! Leave Polychron alone!

chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpeg

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Scratch that. I should have strangled the little shit when I had the chance. He told his insurance company that he hit a deer and then I ran into him. He didn't even mention the other people he hit. I don't know why. He told my insurance company it was his fault beforehand. I can't tell if he's just retarded or if his parents are assholes because it was their car he did this with. All it really means it that it gives his insurance company an excuse to drag their feet. All I want from them is a rental car.

My insurance already assessed my car and I get a check in a few days. As soon as I get a new car I'm adding rental coverage. I'm glad I had collision coverage and released my car to my insurance instead of his. One of the other people involved called me and she went with his insurance and now she's screwed. Insurance companies legally have 45 days before they have to get off their ass and do anything.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Scratch that. I should have strangled the little shit when I had the chance. He told his insurance company that he hit a deer and then I ran into him. He didn't even mention the other people he hit. I don't know why. He told my insurance company it was his fault beforehand. I can't tell if he's just retarded or if his parents are assholes because it was their car he did this with. All it really means it that it gives his insurance company an excuse to drag their feet. All I want from them is a rental car.

My insurance already assessed my car and I get a check in a few days. As soon as I get a new car I'm adding rental coverage. I'm glad I had collision coverage and released my car to my insurance instead of his. One of the other people involved called me and she went with his insurance and now she's screwed. Insurance companies legally have 45 days before they have to get off their ass and do anything.

These folks who truly don't own up to their responsibility are the scum of the earth.

Did you get pictures of his car as well, and others in the accident? Because if you did, then you could clearly prove that he didn't hit a "deer." Deer collisions are pretty easy to identify. Also I'm not sure about the legal aspects, but wouldn't lying about shit like this be fraud? I'm not sure if it is overall worth it but you and the woman should take him at least to small claims court, especially if things get worse.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Well the cops were there and 10 people told them what actually happened, including himself, so he's just an idiot. I'm done with it. My insurance company will just sue his insurance company and get my deductible plus their own costs back.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com

:(

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
These folks who truly don't own up to their responsibility are the scum of the earth.

Did you get pictures of his car as well, and others in the accident? Because if you did, then you could clearly prove that he didn't hit a "deer." Deer collisions are pretty easy to identify. Also I'm not sure about the legal aspects, but wouldn't lying about **** like this be fraud? I'm not sure if it is overall worth it but you and the woman should take him at least to small claims court, especially if things get worse.

If his insurance company caught him lying about this accident and they end up losing a ton of money, they'll probably Drop him. So he's being pretty ****in' stupid by not admitting it upright. Just get the police report and send it to his insurance company and yours, let his insurance company know that Yours will be handling the Lawsuit.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
So, I finally got a rental car yesterday after the kid finally fessed up, but I bought a car today so that was kind of a waste of time and effort. On the other hand, I just got a 2013 Highlander SE 4WD with Entune navigation for $2300 less than MSRP and 0% APR financing on top of that. I basically got the 4WD and Entune, plus spiffy floor mats, for free. So I kind of got that karma thing going for me I guess.

On top of that my insurance only went up 12 buck every 6 months and I'm adding another 15/month charge for some god damn fucking rental coverage.

Last edited: