Good mods for Unreal?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
What good mods are there for Unreal? I've never modded the game, and would like to (I love mods!), although I'm going to play through the game um-modded first (unless there are mods that really should be included on even the first play through, such as bug fixes, or whatever).

What mods would you recommend, either for single player or for multiplayer (mostly against bots, as I rarely play online). I have Unreal Gold, if that is important.

Thanks for any answers.

BashBox

Just a casualty of unreal
Feb 26, 2011
Hello there Kerr,
Here are some good mods me and the players i Hang out with Enjoy . Perhaps You may Like them as well.

First thing i would recommend , if you would like to Increase the stability of the game especially when using mods, Is to consider using the unofficial unrealgold 227h patch.It's up to you tho since it may still have some issues especially with older mods and maps , Those issues are very rare tho.

If You Would like to update the graphics a bit with higher resolution textures, there is are high end texture packs that can do that, these will work with both the unofficial 227h patch as well as a 3rd party opengl render for older official versions. It will make Your experience even more awesome.but it up to you.

Weapon/ Item mods I enjoy based of category:
If you like realistic game play,like counterstrike or cod , there is a few mods that may be of interest such as the current beta of
counterstrike weapons for unreal The classic infiltration and serpentine can be found at Popular mods , amongst other sources.

If you want a 'more up to date' real weapon mod i may recommend knifee ( basically UT tactical ops weapon port for unreal) , Although it requires the unofficial patch to operate , but it is a much more well though out mod this mod was created by some very skilled folk , metioned in the readme. top notch.

If you like doom/wolf3d/duke stuff: There is the doom game and doom weapons by dots, it is a classic and complete. doompawns / doomweps / doomgame

although they don't use custom models, there is dukeweps If you think of that "crap dosn't have 2d models" it not legit!" Then this
devistator port by []KAOS[]Casey may be more your taste , The author says it a bit buggy , but i think it pretty sweet and worth a look.

If you like the unrealistic overpowered stuff any mods made by mentalhunter might fit your fancy. As well as the the ton of stuff in the master2/3 mod from Casey.

if you have 227h , The huge assortment of the different 1000 weapons in the new beta mega mod called MOD (beta4) by mentalhunter cant be beat for single player fun. All 3 of these collections contain some 'normal' weapons and other gems you will discover.

Then there is the unreal4ever for unreal also on the populat mods page Popular mods,
this is actually very special to me, as it's the mod that suked me into playing online many years ago. Featuring custom player classes and futuristic , but balanced weapons it another great mod. some users suggest there are are stability issues using this mod. ymmv.

if you like The unreal tournament weapons: many of them have been ported back to unreal.There are many different ports, Due to the massive bulk rush has published , I would recommend his versions assualt ( all weapons from standard ut) assualtaddon (common custom weapons from ut uzi m79 binslayer ect)

But that just my favorites and some highlights,

but wait ... theres more!
Even tho you only asked for 'good mods' i cant be the judge of whats good to you.

Here's a list of sites that are loaded with mods for unreal To pick tho:
http://www.hlkclan.net/unreal1/
http://69.90.34.150/unreal/mods/Mutators and Mods/
http://www.oldunreal.com/mods.html
http://www.oldunreal.com/othermods.html
http://udhq.org/
http://www.snipersparadise.net/mods.html
http://hyper.dnsalias.net/files-mods.htm

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
@ bashbox: wow.some spectacular news there.didnt know about the duke weapons and devastator.also that cs weapons and knifee were finished.tnx alot.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
First go get unrealgold 227h patch,
get the high end texture packs, get the unrealshare texture updates.
it will make it even more awesome.

Notable mods to look at:

if you like realistic gameplay
counterstrike weapons for unreal
knifee ( basicly UT tactical ops weapon port for unreal)
infitration
serpintine

If you like doom/wolf stuff:
dookpawns / doomweps / doomgame
dukeweps / devistator

If you like unrealist overpowered stuff
any mods made by mentalhunter
the ton of stuff in the master2 mod
unreal 4 ever beta

mega mods:
MHMOD beta 4 *<- mega mod

if you like unreal tournamnt
assualt ( all wepons from standard ut)
assualtaddon (common custom weapons from ut uzi m79 binslayer ect)

if you want to play the entire ut game in unreal 227:
botpack227*

if you into non standard gamtypes:
zelda game
leveling coop
Monsterhunt for u1
ctf
unrealality

probably some other as well but thos are the main ones that come to mind..
just the ones above will keep you busy for about 6 month of variations..lol

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Have you noticed you didn't link many of these mods actually? Like Unreal 4 ever for example, which I would put higher than many of the spam mods you linked to. Also, please do not force link other players to get "227" telling them first of all get "227", it should be up to them to decide and there were still some mod oddities/incompats last I checked. I hope most of them were still adressed, but still...They can get 227, but I never replaced it as Unreal proper(I keep multiple versions and I would recommend others doing the same in this case) and there are still some current problems wth my Unreal PSX rework maps and 227h (In interpolation sequence you don't take damage as you are supposed to in E1L1A, and other problems which were supposedly now fixed except not sure if the interpolation was fixed as well), then some custom maps which crash online in 227h even if g didn't crash (those are rare though). Then the "oldquadshot.u" problem, as used in rys for example, I released "newquadshot" to adress that issue though. The reason for that is because it was subclass of original quadshot therefore it conflicts with the new 227 quadshot they have there. Oldquadshot.u was made originally by smirftsch too but based on a shotgun tutorial from I believe WOD.

The same counts for Unreal highres textures, some people don't like them, I only use them in unreal tournament not in standard Unreal (I like to keep Unreal looking oldschool and they also eat lots of harddrive space so I keep them at UT only, but I do play at the UT coop servers so I get to see them in Unreal SP maps as well), but I keep clean texture dir too (for the editor) and they shouldn't be used to edit maps.

Oh god now I type terrible too.

Last edited:

BashBox

Just a casualty of unreal
Feb 26, 2011
Hi Leo , Thanks for your concerns,

I didn't link to all the mods cause well
They are popular and easily locatable by simple search,I didnt feel like hunting for official pages for a post someone may not even look at.More importantly , I only linked to the mods that didnt have downloads avalible elsewhere(Dead links etc).

If it bothers you that much , I can edit in the links to the other mods , and some other good sources for other mods so as to be less bias to specific things i like, as well as the fact that official versions can also use the texture packs and 227 isnt explicitly required to use them.

You say spam-mods, I chuckled ,:lol:
I cant imagine more then two of these listed mods ( dukeweps and mhmod ?, as there kind of gimmicky) That you would refer to as spam-mods. every mod I listed here I either enjoy or others have said they enjoy or recommend.calling them spam mods is obviously only your opinion.
I could easily say GOTT is a crapy spammod as well just as easily (lol JK?)

As concerns 227 and the unofficial patch:
I didnt force anybody to get 227, I just recommended it.
"it will make it even more awesome." doesn't mean you need to use it.

I mentioned 227 specifically since a number of the mods I listed and other i didnt , Require it unfortunately(Due to skeletal models , emitters etc). Unrealgold227h would be able to run anything thown at if it didn't have specific old native code.

The textures will make the game pop and be a lot better looking. For all we know , the poster may already be using 227 or the texture packs.??

Further more The patches and texture packs could be conceived as a "mod" by themselves. obviously, and he asked for mods..

-----
As for all your rambles about 227 having oddities , I would have to agree about that to some point I generally feel that some of the benefits of 227h (Specifically for stability when playing) Outweigh the issues that are introduced in the patch.

Also all you rambles about issues related to 227 don't belong in this thread, and imo you should remove them. .you didnt post links to any mods , instead you complain at me.

Thanks for your input tho...

Last edited:

[]KAOS[]Casey

227 dev
May 17, 2009
California
www.klankaos.com
Haha, you posted my Devastator mod.

That thing is somewhat buggy, I still need to fix a minor issue with it. Not to mention the lame handling of the 2d sprite "angling" code.

Wow, also the entirety of master2.. but not Koopgame2, though that really doesn't change too much. That whole thing is subject to change at any given time from my server, but I typically don't update it unless I find a bug. Some stuff in there doesn't work or was never finished (spy drone in particular)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well, Gott IS a spam mod, in the sense it was meant to be parody/crazy over the top thing. I never updated it since 2007 though even though I had plans but I am kinda ashamed of ever making it now since it's a mess. I planned to put use some of the beta models that were in gotthoohoo like beta translocator for hoohoo cocktail weapon (a crazy drug gas grenade thing) and a flamethrower and other kinds of shit. But never got to it as in that year I caught some serious infection so I kinda rushed the last release and didn't even make UT version (which was the case of the previous version). Ever since, I have not really touched it.

I don't find DukeWeps as spammod, but I do find MH mods very spammy (and buggy too), you may love them, after all you used to/run server with all these crazy mods afaik, but that does not mean they are of very good quality, I don't find Gott as something I would like to reference much either as most of the weapons i added there were just so the enemies would pack more firepower and that you could easily kill them (but not too easily), but they were, in exception of gotthoohoo newrifle and such, only a stronger versions of normal guns mostly.

That doesn't mean the original posted wanted these kind of mods though.

However many of the mods you mentioned and didn't link I don't find as easily findable either, like zelda game, leveling coop or whatever.

EDIT: Just read the last few sentences of your post, putting you to ignore for accusing me of that shit. ("imo you should remove them", lmao WHY? It is my obsevrations that are entirely true and unbiased, I am not attacking anyone or bashing stuff, but now you brought it to personal level, thank you) You are often only joining servers to just cache rip them anyways and then put downloads on your site bob, even if they were not finished.
EDIT2: Why is there no ignore function anymore?

EDIT3: Just read your site...you are saying in one older post that RYS maps are 226 and need to be converted? Pardon me? You probably downloaded some old versions then, even since 2006 they were updated all to work with 225. And ryspak is downloadable at Paci's website btw along with all the up to date maps, if you didn't know:
http://paci.profitux.cz/Redeem-your-Space/download.html

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ok, I'm opening this thread again and as you can see some posts have been removed....
Please stay on topic this time and refrain from personal attacks... keep a cool head. If you must argue, if you must really.. stick to private messages.
OP is interested in getting good mods, and that's all relative anyway I suppose.

So back on topic.

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
guys,do you know if any new scripted pawns are made?
i mean not modyfied unreal monsters.new models/meshes like the jurassic dinos for example.tnx in adv.

pcube

Jun 22, 2011
Well... You can bet your boots that as soon as my friends and I have the UDHQ site up and running I'll be throwing out tons of mods that I've had the opportunity to play with for many, many years.

http://udhq.org/udhq -- I'll edit my post once the downloads section is fixed.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Weapon/ Item mods I enjoy based of category:
If you like realistic game play,like counterstrike or cod , there is a few mods that may be of interest such as the current beta of
counterstrike weapons for unreal

Lol this version is to be considered obsolete, I'm working on a better version that's "coming soon"

edit: good god that version is $hit beyond comprehension

Last edited:

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
I guess U4E could almost count, as it is more-or-less a total-mod, with it's own custom content and gametypes.

U4E barely counts as a mod anyway. Total Conversion? Lolno. U4E doesn't use any replication (That I'm aware of) and nobody seems to care that half of it breaks online anyway. I don't understand why lame mods are passed off as "Game changing", whereas the more complicated mods that actually push the engine to it's limits are easily overlooked.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Ok total-mod was over-stretching it, but it is neither "one thing or another".
It is a collection of gametypes weapons, mutators, and some awful models.

My own personal opinion of it is that it is amateurish and is a bad advert for community custom content. I wouldn't have mentioned it at all, but I was trying to be kind to NutWrench and justify their post somehow.