Im new ........ WTF!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

djthretz

Sep 27, 2001
Denver
Visit site
Ok this is a hard quetion.... maybe. How do i use the Exec commands to give a custom gun a custom skin. i see like load file models\redplasma.pcx. How does that work? why does it use the thing models\ and how does it know which UTX file the texture comes from........... OK WHATEVER UNREAL ED! YOU ARE A DUMB THING UNREAL ED... heh........sorry. Please someone reply back AND HELP ME! heh

Thretz

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
This is the code for importing a mesh and the appropriate texture

Code:
#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=railgun_pickup ANIVFILE=MODELS\railgun_pickup_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\railgun_pickup_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0 unmirror=1 //Importing the model
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=railgun_pickup X=0 Y=0 Z=-15 //Setting its position

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=railgun_pickup SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=30  //Animation sequences

#exec MESHMAP NEW MESHMAP=railgun_pickup MESH=railgun_pickup //Defining name of meshmap (texture mapping coordinates)
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=railgun_pickup X=0.1 Y=0.1 Z=0.2  //Scale the meshmap

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=RailSkin FILE=textures\RailSkin.pcx GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2  //Import a pcx-file and give it a name
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=railgun_pickup NUM=1 TEXTURE=RailSkin  //Assign the texture to the model using the meshmap

The MODEL/... thing its the MODEl directory from the "root" of your project directory, you might use something else if you want to.
I often use TEXTURES/

This is the way to load a texture from a pcx file.
If you want to load a .utx file you do like this:

#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\Textures\SkyCity.utx

For instance.
Then you can ready to use the textures from the utx-file
This is used mostly if you have an external package that isnt opened by deafult when you start a game (most packages...)

Hope that helps