New U2XMP Master Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well the key factor is bots! If I can't get 6 people to play XMP, then it's no go, and UTXMP has bots that solve the problem. Though I don't like their HUD and how the CAR doesn't have the fire flash. And that things like spawn nodes and deployables have that ugly default texture on them instead of a normal one.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well the key factor is bots! If I can't get 6 people to play XMP, then it's no go, and UTXMP has bots that solve the problem. Though I don't like their HUD and how the CAR doesn't have the fire flash. And that things like spawn nodes and deployables have that ugly default texture on them instead of a normal one.

But the bots suck, the UTXMP raptor kinda sucks, it doesn't have the original feel, some things are simplified like radar etc, you cannot zoom in and up like in u2xmp in it, etc etc.
I don't like the feel of utxmp much.
What default texture? I didn't see any.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I mean the shader things. Hack a generator and you won't have a way to tell what team it belongs to as the parts that were red/blue are using the default bubbled grey texture.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Does not happen to me.
Btw forgot also that utxmp does not have walk function, at u2xmp you could still set it in your settings, though it was unbinded by default, but the walk is good while you want to save more stamina after spriting etc or to not cause footstep sounds so enemy can't hear you.

Anyway, I broke my mouse right now, I was plying some u2xmp, then some daikatana dm (you won't believe how fun it is, it is now free btw the daikatana dm editin, that is ripped dm from normal game with official mappack and the community one, the first one together) and broke my jump button on mouse, I cannot play effectively without it because i am used to it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well I just click on ignore and it still shows the servers anyway...so
ANd I have them in favorites as well.

Mar 6, 2004
Class not found: Intro.PIDMonkey

I get that error ever since i did the http://files.aybab2u.com/u2xmp/master_server_ui/

I wanna see if XMP runs good on my new PC.

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2673 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (9562)

I got windows 7 professional. It ran fine untill i had to update the MS. I'll try installing XMP from scratch again i guess. It only takes about 3 seconds. Also got quad core.

edit- Ok it works, you can play XMP with Windows 7 professional. I did not touch the MS thing though, i'll load the game via ASE and tell the FPS. My FPS in my own server went from 90 all the way to 200 heh, if only it was that way in a server with players. 98-100 FPS in chaptor 1 by myself. Better then 40 FPS i used to get with the 6800 GT. LoL ASE has been over since May 2008.....

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Replace the intro.unr with the new one...

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
PIDMonkey is in community edition and just provides functionality for enabling/disabling PIDHealthbars without editing UI files. The WhateverMonkey classes are singletons that support UI and menu functions, and the only way I found to incorporate new Monkeys was to stick them in Intro.unr which is why MegaMonkey (which provides the MS auto update feature) and PIDMonkey (which provides the enable/disable pidhealthbars) live in that file.

The master-server-ui update ONLY contains MegaMonkey so if you install it over XMP community edition it will overwrite the Intro.unr that contains PIDMonkey. To repair you will need the Intro.unr from community edition, so just do a repair installation as Leo says.

Short answer: do not install masterserver_ui on community edition, sorry I forgot to put any measures in place to stop this happening.

Both master servers are still running, running WebUpdate will resolve the correct addresses, however I believe that the small number of servers (ie. 3) seems to fall foul of the error in Omen's masterserver code which b0rks the client 9/10 times. It's worth keeping them running though since it means that the web-based list still works.

I personally have join commands for the 3 available servers bound to SHIFT+F1 through F3, so it's possible to check the online list then just open the game and press a key combo to join which I find the fastest method.

Also, apologies to the few people I was playing with the other night, I'd managed to break the redirect on my server and the mirror wasn't resolving properly. This is now fixed and redirects should be working as normal again.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
"Running" might be the wrong word lol, possibly "walking" or "crawling", I have to restart it about twice a day :) But yes a very tiny number of people still play, use the online server list at http://ms.aybab2u.com/ to check. Had a few last night and I expect there will be the usual lot on sunday from around 18GMT.

If you want to play then just install U2XMP using the community edition installer at www.xmpcommunity.com which will automatically connect to the new master server and also includes some other useful tweaks.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
Nope that's my bad, the master server crashed last night because of a bug, I fixed the bug and put the new version online but that version seems to be rejecting all incoming connections so I've reverted to the buggy version while I fix the original bug again :)

EDIT: Scratch that, I just realised why the fixed version wasn't working, I forgot to update all of the files! :B

Last edited:

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
So on sunday there are PPL online playing?
Guess I'll have a look then.
If anyone wants to play, PM me.

Mar 6, 2004
]HoC[Omen;1987529 said:
Yep you've read correct, a new master server is up and running.
It is at the moment, in beta stage and there is still alot of
improvements i can do, but it's up and will stay that way!

Most of todays game servers are allready uplinking to it,
plus some new (since you can now uplink again yaay). Current
uplink count is passed 40,000 and query count is passed 400.
Updates of the server are being done daily and we have plans
for setting up new dedicated servers on different locations
as needed.

How to use it?
================

For gamers:

it is highly recommended that you get the fabulous UI MOD
'XMP Master Server Configuration User Interface Extension'
created and hosted by our dear Adam (EQ²) Mummery-Smith
This will automatically update your copy of u2xmp to use the
new master server address and offers a nice webupdate feature
within the game to make sure you allways have a fresh list of
addresses.

Download it: here
for further information about the UI MOD and how to use it
read the readme.txt also located on the download site.

For dedicated hosters:

(and gamers who don't wanna run the UI MOD?)

Edit your .ini to uplink to:
[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
CurrentMasterServer=0
MasterServerPort[0]=1337
MasterServerAddress[0]=xmpms.afz.biz

where .ini in most cases is MyU2XMP.ini or U2XMP.ini

Contact
=========

About Master Server:

About UI MOD:
e-mail available in readme.txt file here

Everything else:
Join #xmpms at quakenet.org and tell us ;)

Thanks, looking forward to trying it out.