Red Team Glass not showing up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ether

Feb 1, 2000
San Diego, CA
www.remixradio.com
I created some glass walls with CTF team inisignia on it. At first i just had the glass without the collision hulls and it looked good, but you could walk throuhg it.

Then i added the collision hulls (not touching anything, about 2 units thick and slightly offset from the glass) and suddenly the glass was no longer visible and but at least it was solid /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

So i added some lights on either side of the glass, like the UT levels have, trying to make the glass show up and that worked for the most part, except that no matter what i try with the glass with the red team insignia, it stays invisible, while the blue one is just fine...

any suggestions?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Either move the Invisible Collision Hull to the other side of the glass or remake the glass by adding it manually and making it transparent and whatnot.

ether

Feb 1, 2000
San Diego, CA
www.remixradio.com
I tried that already. Removed the hull, re-added it on the other side. Any time there was no hull, the texture showed up, but as soon as i added it and rebuit the lighting, it was gone again. It would show up every once in a while as i modified lightsources around it, but as soon as i rebuilt the lighting, it would disappear again.

This issue is happening in a corner of a floating hallway with the red window on the window of a corner and the blue on the window of the other corner. The blue was built the same way but works just fine.

I looked at the glass panels using red and blue CTF glass in CTF-Command and tried copying the settings exactly, but that didn't help either. I'm currently using the hull, not invisible, just translucent and that seems to work. I didn't see any BSP errors in my first test, that was just a quick glance not actually looking at it from lots of angles.

bullet2.gif

--ether http://www.remixradio.com/ut/

[This message has been edited by ether (edited 03-08-2000).]

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
The only thing I can think that you might be doing is letting the invisible collision hull touch the sheet brush. Which you shouldn't do. If it's not that, then I've got no clue.