UE3 - UDK UT3 Terrain Material Error (and fix)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

o-mikey-o

Nov 17, 2008
Hey all,

Basically im working in a team and we constantly send the level to each other over the internet so we can work on specific areas easily.

I ran across a problem within the terrain editor where the materials I mapped to the terrain kept showing as some weird white(snow-like) texture instead of the material originally painted onto it.

I was getting desperate so I began looking for solutions on the internet but couldn't find any so i'd figure i'd post the problem. Fortunately ive discovered the solution myself and now I shall share with you guys lol

Im not entirly sure the reason why this happened, maybe because it was changed on another computer and then sent over the internet, but it never re-loaded the materials onto the terrain.

The solution is as simple as clicking a button.. no really it is that simple :lol:

In the terrain editor, in the top right corner of the window, there is a small menu called 'View Settings'. Here you will find a drop down menu where you select the terrain you want as well as 6 other buttons.

The one we are interested in is the bottom button that looks like a page with a red RM ontop. This 're-caches' the terrain materials.

Click this and then select OK and the materials just pop back to normal lol.

(If the attachments have worked there should be 2 images to help you see what I mean)

Anyhow hope this helps people who had the same problem

- Mike

Attachments

• image 01.jpg
    image 01.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 60
  • image 02.jpg
    image 02.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 46