A ride through Chernobyl

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

novak

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
I saw this over at the BuF OT forums and I just had to pass it on to you. It's an interesting read and it really gives you a perspective on how bad things really are there.

Linkage

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Hmm... could have sworn I posted a minute ago...

Anyways, those photos reminded me of the Silent Hill video games QUITE a lot... the decayed atmosphere and the empty, foreboding streets are quite remniscent of the events in the game.

It also made me anticipate S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:)

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
*cough*posted on slashdot last month*cough* ;)

Those are very nice pics anyway, and I still wonder why they have never leveled or rebuild the place. Leaving it just like that is plain creepy

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
arr urban exploration = win :)

then again my friends got arrested and spent the night in jail because the cops thought they were out to rob somone carrying crowbwars and torches and whatnot late night on the streets ;)

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Those are very nice pics anyway, and I still wonder why they have never leveled or rebuild the place. Leaving it just like that is plain creepy

May be wrong cause i haven't read the link yet but I thought there was still alot of very radioactive material in there

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
That woman is crazy. Looks just like the STALKER preview pics.

M_O_DJerry

Sep 21, 2002
Kassel, Germany
Visit site
There is still so much radioactive stuff lying around, its an enormous danger for everyone (I mean, she inhales the radioactive dust that the wind blows around. There is a reason why they handed out gas masks..).

And, don't forget, the old Soviet Union is gone, the time of ordering People to sacrifice their lives is over. Thats why they can't make a car-park out of it now.

Nothing could drag me in this place.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
I liked the girl. She looks hot. Anyway, her English is just like mine and the pictures are very good and her writings about where good.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I got a high acrobatics skill in Morrowind.

Back to topic: Reading that article I got really interested in visiting that area someday. I have no idea how much 1200 hryvnas [roubles?] are, but it's probably worth it.