jailbreak beta2 freeback

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Can you show me the exact position of the hole?.

(the hole is present in red and blue side, its symmetric)
i can upload a demo if you want

I don't understand the problem with the titan....

when the last player trying to free his team, players jailed will be lying when they will receive release protection.
This is the shield but I do not know if it really needs a fix.
This will be a problem when players want to watch a arena fight.

(In fact I think it's me who does not like the titan camp)

Last edited:

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
woo~ action in planet Jailbreak. it has been a while. :)

Just had a play on jb-yaijm: blue team captures red team and a player on the red team shows during the execution. However the player did not kill himself, but the player from the blue team's name was shown to say he had the winning kill.
This happens during the 'blender' execution but i dont think this happens during the flood one.
does that make sense?

In this screen shot, Kensai (blue team) was the one who killed the last player..which was me. Instead of Kensai, 'scout' (red team) stood there, shaking his head is disappointment..not taunting. During the execution the text said "Kensai locked down the red team"

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
about lights bug on JB-Seven : I reinstalled windows7, UT3, jailbreak, latest graphics drivers,
reset my UT3 parameters and when I have tested again the map I no longer find the bug. im sorry:(
(before I used custom/tweaked parameters on UT3)

Edit:
-TeamCapturedSelfMessages doesnt appear
-<Strings:Jailbreak.Jailbreak.GameName> in search-browser (online)
-There are more available server

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Have you try to replace "level loaded and visible" in JB-strand by "level" startup" or add "level reset" to train matinee?

I noticed, in rare cases where last players of each team are clubbed, as execution doesnt launch.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
I think that there is missing kismet event "level reset" in:

JB-FacingWorlds (Arena fight scheduling)
JB-Gasoline (Arena Fight Setup)
JB-Makoy (Sound sequence = prevent missing ambient sound after the first round)
JB-OfMiceandMen (Arena)
JB-Pagoda (Arena Fight Setup)
JB-Precinct (Train)
JB-Rebirth (Arena Match; Water Jets = to fix water effect after the first round)
JB-Seven (Arena; Moving Light Red/Blue = to fix lighting effect after the first round)
JB-Strand (Vent Fans; Steam Jets; Jail Grates; Train = to fix train/effect/escape after the first round)
JB-Yaijm (Arena Schedule)
This solve the problem of the missing arena after the first round.

Other: (BU problem when i try to upload this image) -solved
This is not a valid image file.

Attachments

• aa62d6d4e96b98cfd3349b07e9f7b12a9b4fb4bbc6ac7107b382d8303e4284a66g.jpg
    aa62d6d4e96b98cfd3349b07e9f7b12a9b4fb4bbc6ac7107b382d8303e4284a66g.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DeathoX 8

Beta Toaster
Jan 20, 2008
Thanks for the feedback, can I ask what is specifically the bug that happens in my map (JB-Yaijm)? Is there a possibility that the arena scheduling gets broken and arena matches are no more started?
In all the playtests I did I have never noticed such a thing, in which conditions can it occur?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
AFAIK, reset doesn't stop timers. Arena schedules would just ignore resets then. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but might not be what you intended. For example, two players from different teams are killed at the start of the round and are sent to the arena shortly after arriving in jail.

And in fact, not resetting the trains makes them a little more unpredictable.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
effectively wormbo, the maps using "level startup" or "level beginning" work correctly off-line, in lan "level beginning" doesnt work properly and online neither "level startup" or "level beginning" work; (after the first round)
but this is may be due to bad configuration of the server or something else.

I have played many online match on your JB-Yaijm, DeathoX 8, and I do not remember having been in arena after the first round like the others JB maps.

what I see is that on JB-Suspence there wasnt this prob and I think that it is with "level reset".

the problem of trains is different: in JB-Precinct and JB-Strand train's matinee is enabled by "level loaded and visible" therefore only in the first round.

my view is that the "level reset" is good security for the proper functioning of any event in a jailbreak map

PS: I used a translator tool :cool: and test was done with beta2

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
woo~ action in planet Jailbreak. it has been a while. :)

Just had a play on jb-yaijm: blue team captures red team and a player on the red team shows during the execution. However the player did not kill himself, but the player from the blue team's name was shown to say he had the winning kill.
This happens during the 'blender' execution but i dont think this happens during the flood one.
does that make sense?

In this screen shot, Kensai (blue team) was the one who killed the last player..which was me. Instead of Kensai, 'scout' (red team) stood there, shaking his head is disappointment..not taunting. During the execution the text said "Kensai locked down the red team"
I have a similar problem: after 3/4 matches the visible skeletalmesh on celebration-screen stay locked.
For example: I win 3 match and appears 3 time on celebration-screen, if next round a bot have the last kill, we dont see its skeleton on celebration-screen but mine (but text stay true). :con: