Need help importing staticmeshes unreal ed.3.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

THEXFILES

Apr 11, 2004
Im doing a map and have it almost all done, i have all my textures that i needed,learned how to change a .jpg to a pcx file and import to a utx folder i named mytextures.utx, now im to the point i need to import a few staticmeshes,problem is when i find a static mesh i want to use and import it into my map,save it before i close the map out , take the map file and my texture file to another machine to see how it loads -it wont load cause it says it needs that staticmesh package. well that staticmesh package might be 12 megs and i only need 1 little item from it, so can anyone tell me how to create my own staticmesh folder?...say ill call it (my staticmeshes) and be able to export that one item into mystaticmeshes so the staticmesh folder is not so huge. need help on this one bad.....please...thanks
bob-THEXFILES

Last edited:

THEXFILES

Apr 11, 2004
lame no one must read forums to reply to help or no one knows anything its been idle for 4 days now.

DeVaToX

SAS Mapper
Mar 22, 2002
www.planetunreal.com
hi there sorry i not posted befor now, i been busy converting all my sas maps over to 2k4 version wich was very time consuming but they all done now

what u need to do if u just want a specific mesh from a package is select the mesh u want from the static mesh browser, click on edit/ create from selection

and in the box that pops up put MyLevel as the package, whatever for the group, and a filename, this stores the mesh in the actual map file itself just rebuild and save the map dont save the mylevel package though

you can use that for textures meshs, anything map releated, but dont over use it cuase it can cuase long loading times for your maps

hope this is of some help

THEXFILES

Apr 11, 2004
How do i save a texture to MyLevel package?

When i go to staticmeshes browser there is a create from selection tab , but when i open up a texture browser that option is not there. how do i save a texture to MyLevel package?

DeVaToX

SAS Mapper
Mar 22, 2002
www.planetunreal.com
i realy should check these forums more and more

all u do is choose the texie u want right click export the file , note u will probably need the .dds plugin for photoshop though for some textures,

the just click import in the dialog box that pops up put MYLevel as the package and the rest is up to u, then it will be stored in the mylevel

on ia side note if ur importing masked texies make sure alpha is ticked and untick generate mipmaps , then it still be masked when u import it