Does Bulletstorm PC Use GFWL?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RoadKillGrill

Got Lead?
Dec 11, 2004
rahkogen.net
Remember when you could just pop a game into your disk drive and start the setup immediately? No, now it's buy a disk, pop it into your PC, then wait for the damn thing to download off of the internet, thus defeating the purpose of a physical copy.

Considering games these days ship buggy and require 700mb patches post release whats the point of the disk? Oh look a coaster!!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I love Steam, so *shrug*. It makes setting up and joining multiplayer games easy as pie.

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, just a disc would be a nice change. Having to install a bunch of other crapware to play a game is not going to fly.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
I love Steam, so *shrug*. It makes setting up and joining multiplayer games easy as pie.

Off line has been garbage.
Look at my sig.
The last time I was on steam was to make sure online worked, because after almost 1Gb of downloading data (I had the retail discs) Off line still did not work.
The last real time I was on Steam for multi gamming was 2005 (Half Life 2).

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
Steam is great, I use it frequently, but the only thing I despise about it is needing to download a game off the internet even when you have the physical disk.
Huh? My copy of Civilization V installed just fine off the disc through Steam - of course I mainly got it on disc because it was more than 10€ cheaper than on Steam, not because I didn't have the means to download it... :lol:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Hey

**** you Electronic Arts

I'm getting it on the X360 anyway so. Poor PC gamers.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
The more i hear about this game, the more i belive it to be a mediocre Console shooter, and one really ****ty Console port for the PC.

So yeah, exactly what we've come to expect of Epic :(

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Flak posted in a now locked thread that those are rumors/speculation and that we should not worry. So, I don't know what is up with this.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
First and last time I used GFWL was with batman.
What I remember is having to launch and relaunch the game 5 times because GFWL needed to update and closed the game each time... :/

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
First and last time I used GFWL was with batman.
What I remember is having to launch and relaunch the game 5 times because GFWL needed to update and closed the game each time... :/

Unfortunately i'm still using it with Dawn of War II. 6 times on 10 i'm stuck after i click "campaign" because GFWL lose connection and simply stop everything except the mouse pointer. Even when clicking on the red X does nothing and since i know it's going to stay like this for several minutes my only option is to CTRL+ALT+DEL and kill the process, because alt+enter, alt+tab and windows key doesn't work either.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Just because a game has Epic's stamp on it doesn't mean it has to be praised irrational by Beyondunreal or that it's gonna be awesome, and moves like GFWL shouldn't surprise you. Epic did sell out to the consoles long ago and they did it with much honor and pride. It's not the same company we used to adore and love 12 years ago

Last edited: