UT GOTY differences to UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lyngeled

Dec 22, 2012
Hi,
I am searching for files to make my Unreal Tournament (Unreal Anthology) GOTY Edition, but I have found any list of what makes GOTY special.

Thanks
Lars

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
UT GOTY includes now outdated versions of Rocket Arena & ChaosUT plus it has slightly modified single player tournament ladder and bonus packs 1 - 3 preinstalled. These should be only major differences from regular UT version.

lyngeled

Dec 22, 2012
It was here I read that there's missing things:
http://www.beyondunreal.com/articles/unreal-anthology-bu-review/

"Also somewhat confusing is the fact that, despite UT Game of the Year and UT2004 ECE boxes being pictured on the box and on the Unreal Anthology menu, there’s no sign of any of the user made modifications that were included in those particular versions. Of course, you can download them at the respective mod websites, but that’s 14 modifications that you’ll have to hunt down, download, and install."

But he says "14" modifications?

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
S3TC textures are not unique to UT: GOTY. Only some mods, muts and maps.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
The second CD in regular UT has had them from the beginning.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Rocket Arena was started by GreenMarine who worked at EPIC, EPIC mappers made some maps for it so it made it into official mapdom, but the mod was taken over by the community. Most downloadable content for the GOTY was left out of the Anthology probably for space reasons and you could DL it anyways.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I have the retail version of Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year and it comes with the RA and CUT mods, and it also includes the s3tc textures in the second CD.

From what I remember, UT: GOTY Edition has the patch 436 and all the bonus packs from 1 through 3 included in it from a regular install.

Just to note, a lot of people think that the Game of the Year and the GOTY Edition are the same version. Well, they're not. Game of the Year is version 432 and GOTY Edition is version 436 and their Start menu option look different from each other as well.

Last edited:

medor

Mar 15, 2009
DO NOT use s3tc textures from second CD if you have it you can patch it http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Patches/&file=S3TC_fix_Player.zip

s3tc textures with no bugs http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=482
use the UTRP.Extreme.End from links fuzzeh.com

For make it work you must do that
Code:
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
UseVSync=False
FrameRateLimit=190
Translucency=False
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=False
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=False
FastTranslucency=1
VertexLighting=0
UseTNT=False
Translucency=1
UseVertexSpecular=1
UseTrilinear=False
UseS3TC=True
LODBias=0.000000
MaxAnisotropy=16
SupportsLazyTextures=1
GammaOffset=0.420000
NumAASamples=8
UseAA=True
SwapInterval=0
UseVertexProgram=False
UseCVA=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=True
UseSSE=2
AAFilterHint=0
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=True
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=True
UseDetailAlpha=True
NoFiltering=False
UseFilterSGIS=False
Use4444Textures=False
UseAlphaPalette=True
UsePrecache=True
AlwaysMipmap=True
ShareLists=True
UseMultiTexture=True
MaskedTextureHack=False
MaxTMUnits=0

[D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
UseVSync=False
SwapInterval=0
ZRangeHack=False
NoAATiles=False
NumAASamples=0
UseAA=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
UseSoftwareVertexProcessing=False
UsePureDevice=True
UseTripleBuffering=False
MaskedTextureHack=False
SmoothMaskedTextures=False
FrameRateLimit=150
UseVertexProgram=True
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
CacheStaticMaps=False
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE2=True
UseSSE=True
BufferTileQuads=True
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=False
SinglePassFog=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=False
UseDetailAlpha=True
DetailMax=0
RefreshRate=0
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
MaxAnisotropy=0
Use565Textures=False
Use16BitTextures=False
UseS3TC=True
UseAlphaPalette=False
UseTrilinear=False
UsePrecache=False
UsePalette=False
UseMultiTexture=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=False
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.100000
LODBias=0.000000
DetailTextures=False
DescFlags=0
Description=
HighDetailActors=False
Coronas=False
ShinySurfaces=False
VolumetricLighting=False
SceneNodeHack=True
UseFragmentProgram=False

Or take ini ready for http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/UT_Demo/WarConfig.rar

Laste RA http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=GameTypes/RocketArena/

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Ignore the above post, it's bullshit. All you need to get S3TC going is UTGLR, D3D10Drv, or an actual S3 Savage4 or 2000 card. No need to mess with "warconfigs" or "special optimise ut warez" you "need" to use. You could also install the S3TC textures in a different folder and mount that above your old textures folder in the INI if you're worried about replacing your old files.

Also another difference from GOTY is the terrible random splash images. Especially that necris Serious Sam guy.

Also the PowerVR SGL driver kind of screwed the gamma of the lightmaps...... only two people are known to run this game on this card, myself included. GOTY, 400.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
I have the retail version of Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year and it comes with the RA and CUT mods, and it also includes the s3tc textures in the second CD.

From what I remember, UT: GOTY Edition has the patch 436 and all the bonus packs from 1 through 4 included in it from a regular install.

Just to note, a lot of people think that the Game of the Year and the GOTY Edition are the same version. Well, they're not. Game of the Year is version 432 and GOTY Edition is version 436 and their Start menu option look different from each other as well.

UT GOTY versions do not include Bonus Pack 4, only 1-3.
Also there was no official distinction betweeen GOTY versions, so v432 and v436 are both GOTY despite some visual differences.

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 31
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 17

medor

Mar 15, 2009
@ leilei

All you need to get S3TC going is UTGLR, D3D10Drv

This does not work if you don't active it in the ini
UseS3TC=True

Moreover S3TC works very well in D3D9.
But especially D3D10 only works starting Vista seven 8 (not XP)
And this is not all : ACE Kick D3D10drv (ACE is the usually anticheat)

So WarConfig.rar have optimised ini's prés set for s3tc. You must not be afraid of what you do not know.
There a second advantage setting with MaxAnisotropy ,NumAASamples and UseAA

It would be nice if you stop criticizing a game that you do not know well.
Especially when you are obsessed with me and feel you require critical all what I say. Your feeling is not the facts.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Actually, speaking of the GOTY edition, does anyone know how to revert the desktop back to this after you patch the game to 436?

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
This does not work if you don't active it in the ini

UseS3TC=true IS the default.

But especially D3D10 only works starting Vista seven 8 (not XP)

No shit? Vista was released 7 years ago...

So WarConfig.rar have optimised ini's prés set for s3tc. You must not be afraid of what you do not know.

"do not know"? I do know Coronas=False and VolumetricLighting=False is totally removing graphical features the game intends to be designed with. It's like the first two effects you see in the CityIntro even.
It would be nice if you stop criticizing a game that you do not know well.
My first version was 338. I've been playing it for years. I've also been bored of it for years. What more do I need to 'know'?

Especially when you are obsessed with me and feel you require critical all what I say. Your feeling is not the facts.

Maybe I wouldn't be this way if you didn't keep pushing your goddamn warez and "warconifg" in every damn UT thread like an expert knowitall, misleading others into a game that looks like a corona-less fogless piece of 'pro' shit.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
medor, just cut it.
Besides that your posts are hard to understand, lelei here has the point. Your "optimized config" isn't needed since with Dohnal's OpenGL/Direct3D9 renderers high res. textures are already automatically enabled. Your INI disables most graphical effects so there isn't point to use S3TC textures in first place (because people use them to make UT look better not worse).

Last edited: