Killing Floor Summer Sideshow 2012 Begins!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Tripwire is bringing back its very popular Killing Floor summer event from last year and giving it a huge shot of adrenaline. Summer Sideshow 2012 features a new map, 5 new weapons, and all the crazy enemy models we enjoyed last time around. The update is, as usual, absolutely free.

Additionally, there are two new player character DLC packs available for purchase: The Money, Money, Money-spewing Harold Loft character pack and the Urban Nightmare character pack

• Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor - auto downloaded through Steam
  • All new level - Hellride - experience heaven and hell as you follow the course of this doomed carnival ride
  • All creatures in game replaced with freak-shows themed monsters including Pukey the Clown and his side-kick, the Fleshclown
  • 16 new Summer Sideshow achievements return only for the duration of the event
  • 9 All new achievements added
  • 5 new official weapons - the IJC community weapon pack has been polished up and made an official part of the game
  • "Steampunk Mr Foster" playable character Unlockable again for the duration of the event
  • New DLC Character Pack - "Urban Nightmare"

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, I only played a bit of solo, but I have to say the new weapons are quite powerful. The Sniper Rifle unbelievably so. The shotgun has a nice powerful burst. The Demo's M403 makes his a little less vulnerable up close - great looking weapon too. I'm looking forward to trying out the rest.

The map seems like a route-runner's heaven... down, down, down, down, up, up, up, up. I haven't worked out all the spawns and everything though so I don't have much else to say about it.