Bulletstorm Gun Sonata DLC Available On PC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
This topic screams for a question:

Are members from EPIC (apart from the Engine- and UDK team) are still allowed on this board or have they been rightfull banned from an Unreal-focused board?

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
you know, I haven't played Bulletstorm yet.
I was thinking about picking it up once it hits the bargain bin, just to experience it.

but after reading this thread, I get the impression that it's like the worst game ever made :lol: there's so much hate in this thread.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
but after reading this thread, I get the impression that it's like the worst game ever made :lol: there's so much hate in this thread.

It's probably not the the worse game ever made. People rant or have concerns about DLC, and they are perfectly right, for a game that the developer plans to fix with DLC? The game was pretty much dead on arrival, it's not just because of the game's content or gameplay, but all the issues and the lack of response there was.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
Don't let the haters fool you. There's plenty of fun to be had and it's one hell of a visual experience.

Indeed, you can look at the screenshots on the web or the box and if you happen to own a physical copy you can use it for, well slicing bread into funny forms or so ... even more fun when you put the bread into a toaster afterwards and then put smileys made of ketchup onto it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's a well fun game. If you could get it for $20 or less it would probably be worth it. Just don't expect the MP to have much activity or the DLC to be worth paying for.

RoadKillGrill

Got Lead?
Dec 11, 2004
rahkogen.net
Witcher2 is better :p

Tho I should of got Bulletstorm if I knew Brink was going to be total dog****, Oh well. It did make buying farcry 2 less off a loss at least farcry2 was stable.

Games on my 2011 list still Duke Nukem, Torchlight2, Deus Ex 3......... I want a good ****ing Multiplayer game to come out and surprise me.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
you know, I haven't played Bulletstorm yet.
I was thinking about picking it up once it hits the bargain bin, just to experience it.

Same. Demo didn't really win me over and the reviews pretty much red-flagged it as not worth $60. Once it hits $40 or less on Steam, it's on. Why the hell EA didn't put this game in the EA Week Steam sale last month baffles me.

DLC price/value is very disappointing. We all know Epic is better than this, just a shame they're trying to milk money out of a game that was pretty much forgotten the week after release. Free content (and actual updates) would serve as some great PR and goodwill for them. It's certainly worked for Infinity Blade.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Same. Demo didn't really win me over and the reviews pretty much red-flagged it as not worth $60. Once it hits $40 or less on Steam, it's on. Why the hell EA didn't put this game in the EA Week Steam sale last month baffles me.

You should look further than Steam. Online retailers are usually much cheaper than steam. I bought the game on first day for way less than it's RRP. Sure, it took a few days to get here. But I don't need to play games on the first day it is out.
Steam is only the place to be for steam sales, other than that it's more expensive.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
You should look further than Steam. Online retailers are usually much cheaper than steam. I bought the game on first day for way less than it's RRP. Sure, it took a few days to get here. But I don't need to play games on the first day it is out.
Steam is only the place to be for steam sales, other than that it's more expensive.

or just wait for the BU, blase, key giveaway.

You just knew it was a good game when they couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

(it is a good game, just not as good as the price would lead you to believe)

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004

I know. I just have this weird thing about keeping everything in one or two consolidated locations. Also, I've pretty much been buying PC games via digital distribution and I'm happy sticking with that except for nicely done collector's editions.

I've got a huge backlog of gaming anyways so I'm content to keep waiting :)