Why aren't you playing right now?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why aren't you playing UT3 instead of reading this?

• Total voters

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
We all complain about the servers empty, so why aren't you playing UT3 right now?

For me it's because I'm at work.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
You forgot the "can't play, game crashes to desktop constantly" option :p

Come to think of it, there should also be an "i am playing it offline" option.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I never understood why people put playing a game and typing in forums on the same level...

There's a whole bunch of people saying the likes of "...instead of bitching you should be playing...", or "...whining instead of filling up servers..." etc. eh?

How long does it take to write stuff on a forum? 15 mins max?
Playing any game I would imagine would take up a good hour of your time, plus the fact that gaming is something you can't just do on the side, you usually set time aside for it. Writing stuff on forums you can do in 5 mins whilst taking a breather at work or whilst just casually browsing the net. It's not like one takes away from the other.

So I never understood that whole notion of "whining on forums instead of playing" thing.

Coffin_Dancer

Jan 20, 2008
i voted for "don't have the game", technically that is true - for my backup compy... :)

i've seen problems associated with UT3 and certain ATI AGP products, as well as problems with the ATI AGP driver versions...

so i'm installing the demo on my backup compy - with an ATI X1950Pro AGP version on it - and going to install the 8.1 drivers for the vidcard - in an attempt to see what happens.

i have a (weak) theory about the cause of some of these problems and want to see if i can recreate / cure some of those said problems for other peeps.

so while i'm d/l'ing everything i'm going to go out and pick up all the trash blowing all over the place from these high winds we've had lately in the Philly area.

i'd LOVE to be able to find a solution for these guys, if i can...

i started out as a miainframe programmer back in 1970, and it turned out that i had a srong ability for troubleshooting, and ended up being on-call 24/7/365 in Production Support for five years.

i started building pc's back in '98, i'd like to think i've learned a LITTLE something in that time!! ?? :)

any way, it's just theories i'm working with, but as i said i'd love to be able to help.

besides, i'm a night-owl when it comes to actual gaming, this daylight has me twitching...
CD

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
I've given up playing UT3 for now, when I'll play again, Who knows, as T2A has said many times there are alot of games out right now that are seemingly more ENJOYABLE to play.

Currently CoD4 on the X360, I finished Uncharted on the PS3, every weekend I do HL2 Co-oP(PC) with 2 other buddies.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
We would say we're going to college. :p

On topic, I'm playing other games. I would have uninstalled UT3 if I had no ties with Insite and BuF, but for now I use it for testing purposes.

Judge Dredd Lox

"Bread and butter" my ass!
Feb 12, 2008
I have not bought the game because I will not give my personal information to useless, unrelated and unnecesary gamesites (gamespy).

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
Ummm... if you were trying to get a sense of why people aren't playing you left out some important options. Not the least of which is that UT3 is not very good.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
There isn't one good option for me to choose.
:)
I'd say I'm not playing it because:
1)I'm on BU.
2)Having fun with some games on my X360.
3)UT1.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
i like UT3 alot but its sometimes hard to find populated servers or free servers (cause the few that are active do fill up)... i usually get in some good games late nights for a couple hours though.

Judge Dredd Lox

"Bread and butter" my ass!
Feb 12, 2008
Like your nickname and an email address? Getting pretty personal there!

Yea I can lie about everything but the email address. I however do not want all kinds of crap being sent to me and do not want it sold to others so they can make a profit.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Get a spam account and sent all interbutts spam there. I use Gmail for that and it works well. Everything that I must register for gets that account rather than the one I actually use for important stuff.