old uc players deserve respect from pc players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think it's pretty obvious to anyone that an AMD X2 FX-55 with 4gb of DDR2 RAM and a 7900GTX PCI-E video card is going to be more powerful than what the Xbox 360, and likely the PS3, will offer. Heck, it might even be cheaper to get that setup than a PS3 :p

It's dumb to say a console is better than a PC. By the time the console comes out and has all the quirks worked out of it, the PC is a crapload ahead technologically. The consoles biggest advantage is 1) price and 2) they are specifically gaming.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
Jo0k said:
especialy when most of the uc community is insane at movement. thats why its obvious you dont know what your talking about on the xbox.

lol:lol:lol ok, somebody close this silly thread already

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
Jo0k said:
there are more console game sales then PC. :lol: :lol:
Probably because a PC has unlimited possibilities that most people don't need and/or find confusing - a console has limited possibilities and just does the one thing = plays games.

HarrySpanner

coool
Jan 26, 2006
usa
imageevent.com
@ fuzzle nice jump pictures :D
also i never really knew wtf they were talking about with boost dodging, i thought it was just further than regular. ty for clearing that up!

and to the starter of this post, i believe that great accuracy can be attained on xbox. on halo but not ut. in halo you move slow so its easier. you cant aim perfectly while wall dodging bacwards spinning and all that junk. if you want to so ridiculous pc aim/ skill, check out one of my fav demos, gitzzz vs lauke on roughinery where lauke wins like 13-12. ridiculous. cant do that stuff on a controller i dont care who you are.

so yes im sure there were some sick ass xbox gamers, but they couldnt possibly have been as good as the sickest pc players

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Jo0k said:
hey buddies,

2k7 for 360 announced at e3. see you there.

www.xbox.com

Carrie Gouskous (Gamespot) flat-out asked Steve Polge in a video interview yesterday and he said that the only announced platforms were PC and PS3. She then asked about Xbox 360 and he repeated his answer.

In other words, Epic's not talking.

I think it's safe to speculate that we'll see it on PC first, then PS3 at some point. After those two releases, who would be surprised to see an Xbox 360 release? Assuming the console continues to sell, they'd be nuts to pass up on the opportunity to sell their product to even more people. Question is... when? Q4 2007? 2008? If Sony makes any attempt to make it exclusive, you might just find that you don't see it at all.

It's nice that 360 fans want it, but it hasn't been announced by Epic and until it is, anything else is unreliable. Allard talked about it last year and Epic rebuffed it. Now it winds up on Xbox.com and Polge isn't talking. I wouldn't pre-order until it's official and it isn't official until Epic says "yes".

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
It looks like Xbox.com has removed the title from the site now. Even a search on the site doesn't yield anything about it.