JB-Fragtion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
INIQUITOUS said:
I did see some small mesh alignment issues if you are bothered :D
Yes of course! They're very fast and worth to fix. :tup:

I missed this one:
TG|DeadHead said:
I tried the map in instant action with UTcomp on. But it killed me everytime in jail. Have you tried this before?
That's an odd one... :con: Perhaps it has something to do with the PlayerStart error that INI and Hazel reported... The Log file might help here... ;)

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
this is where the lightning gun is i believe, i know i'm very lame at spotting these things hehe. But when you have another version i'll be sure to give it my all now i know the layout more :D

just these meshes, it just annoys me that you can see small gaps like that..

And this is just a shame, dunno what you can do. guess its ok. Shame tho :(

wish i had kept the log, but i've been testing monsters online since then ... i'll get you another log as soon as i can :)

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Lecter, in CTF-UCMP2-Orcus I installed some triggered emitters that linked to viewshakers, ambient sounds making the sound of a small earthquake, and delayed emitters in the mine ceiling that let dirt particles fall down a little while after the viewshake/sound. Since this is a mine as well, maybe you could somehow integrate it? Just an idea.;)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
G.Lecter said:
I hope it's not true... :hmm: I've played lots of different rounds on the map, some of them ended the first wave, other ones lasted more than 5 minutes. Hopefully it will be OK when 2-3 players are defending... But I don't want you to put your tent on the switch! :p Try going out to the middle to see which paths the enemy takes... And use the LightingGun... ;)

The bots defend very near to the switch: on the shield, or on the high bit, but in the switch room basically. I was just doing what they did... :)
me + 2 bots have a hard time defending. I know I suck but ....

That's the shield I meant btw -- the one near the switch. It has a little platform over the pipe. Can't reproduce the sticking though, so never mind.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
tarquin said:
That's the shield I meant btw -- the one near the switch. It has a little platform over the pipe. Can't reproduce the sticking though, so never mind.
I'm sure I got stuck on the pipe in the floor around there but also wasn't able to reproduce it.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I can't find the place... There are BlockingVolumes already and the platform does not go over them... I will add some blocking around the crate and hopefully the problem will go if the glass is added (any particular glass texture?).
---
Will fix the mesh misalignment INI, let me know if you find more. And I've got an idea to deal with the 3rd wooden plank.
---
Orcus is an awesome map. :tup: Never noticed the falling particles. They look too big for this map IMO, so if I use them I'd have to edit them first. I like the wood sounds and might borrow some of them though. For the emitter, I like more the falling sand from Thebes, but I'd have to edit it too... (Emitter tutorial please? :eek:)
---
I might add/move some DefenseScripts out of the base. For some reason the bots are a bit more stupid than usual when they stay on those points, they sometimes even don't react at all. I'll try with SnipingVolumes... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
G.Lecter said:
Orcus is an awesome map. :tup: Never noticed the falling particles. They look too big for this map IMO, so if I use them I'd have to edit them first. I like the wood sounds and might borrow some of them though. For the emitter, I like more the falling sand from Thebes, but I'd have to edit it too... (Emitter tutorial please? :eek:)
I have this one but it might be a bit basic :D http://www.hazelwhorley.com/tutorials/emitter.html
I don't mind if you copy some of the emitters from JB-Collateral to mess around with :) There are dust particles falling from the open roof areas and some floor-level dust which is affected by players in the jails.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Being really busy these days, haven't touched it since the release date. I am having a lot of homework and exams next 2 months so don't expect beta2 before June. I'll come across the Decks map and another Alpha layout during this time, and I'd like to keep betatesting the work here and there, you know... ;)

You can give more feedback if you have any... Where would you place some Scripted sounds? :D