JB-Orbital2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Just a conversion from the CTF map, its one of my favourite maps, and has some funky music too ;)
Just made it so we have more maps to play on.
You may reconise the arena :p

Download Here

Just a quick beta just to see what others think, my main concern is of base switching, mainly because bots don't use the teleporter out of jail, they use the door instead.

mrloper

Jul 11, 2003
Holland
yeah, it looks very nice. good idea 2 make a JB map of orbital and geal.
one bug though, when i started playing the map, one of the opponents bots spawned in the arena(if geal is the arena), so we couldn't frag him

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Now that I play it in JB, I see how much is this level oriented to CTF... It's a bit hard to navigate through the map without the translocator and it has too many paths IMO, many of them straight hallways. It needs a higher playercount to play OK, and definitely, a stronger defense. I'd also recommend removing some healths and adding some jumpads and dodgeramps around to fix the lack of the Translocator. It looks like a fun map to play with InstaGib, though... :tup:
Here some suggestions. I reported a few hiding places by the way, but I am sure there are a lot more. INI is going to have a great testing session with this one! :p
- The stripes from the LoadingScreen look too thick, the image is not easy to see...
- Four ShockAmmo pickups is too much, isn't it? :rolleyes:
- The pics: :D

jborbital23rt.jpg

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
As you can see, it was solely a case of quickly adding jails and a switch, now for the real stuff ;)
But as this is the case, I'm not planning on reworking the map with new routes / blocking old ones. what you have said is all ok though ;)

Ok, I also find the map plays best with more people, so it might be usefull on the Mothership when we get the busy lockdowns with over 20 people.
As for it being hard to defend with where the current jails are, thats why I put the teleporter coming back from there, perhaps I should move the desination to where the "sniper bit" highlighted on ur first pic.

:tup: on me adding dodgeramps, dunno why I didn't think about it to be honest.

Not worried about those hiding places really, you going to loose large amounts of health getting there (unless your the sort that plays JB with a trans *cough* ini *cough* :p)

/approves of Bio / LG swap.
As for the Flak / Shock swap I am not so sure, in the current shock position a flak is going to be useless, which means anyone attacking through that route is helpless to the people above with the rockets, ok that might promote the other routes more, but I'l see how it goes for now.

Lift Jump to the Bio, I was thinking that ;) Might lift that roof up so you can land on the bio, and also add ledges to land on and run though a corridor to the platform in the centre room, where I can then put a jumppad up to the top of the map.

That "empty space" comment is also a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback. This shouldn't take many Beta's (i hope)

ps:

I could make it low gravity to make up for the lack of trans
I'm joking don't worry...... I hate Lo Grav

How does the idea of lots of teamspecific teleporters around the map to get around? It would only be red teleporters going around the red base, and vice versa.

Talamira

Feb 27, 2006
A few of those suggestions aren't actually nessicary, ie the dodge ramps (the braces holding up the center bridge can be used to get up on the bridge from the center). If you ever take this online to test it lemme know, as I'd love to help out on this if I can. As it is, I'm already downloading the version you had up. :p You'll here my opinions soon.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Once again old old old link on a site that is no longer. Can't remember what state the map is in, probably about the same as my previous update in this thread.
Don't plan to do anything more with it for UT2004, UT3 is the main interest now.