JB-TheDecks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Yeh pretty sure that is what he wants.
How easy could you make that do you think?
Would it be hard to add extra options, I am sure I could come up with some othe handy things to add in the mover.

Being able to individually set the time taken between each keypoint, in each direction would be really handy. ;)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The_Head said:
For two different trajectories you could get one direction moved mby one mover, and have that particular mover attached to another one out of sight, the second mover could thn move it back along another tranjectory.
Problem: There will be 2 movers attached at the bottom of each cage. These movers will open and close during a release. The main cage should move out of the lava, and then those 2 movers would open. At that stage I'll have run out of keyframes and possible attaches. For some reason you can't attach a mover to another mover, and attach that mover to a 3rd mover... :con: Tried it already, it just doesn't work... :(

tarquin said:
You need a mover that will open along one route, and return along another?
Nope, I've got SuperApe's VariableTimedMover for that already. :D You can set it to LoopMove and set different times for each keyframe, It's the one I am using in Fragtion... ;)
What I'd need it's a mover that you can manually control its movement. It would go to 'Key0' when 'Event0' is triggered, it would go to 'Key1' when 'Event1' is triggered... etc... But not in order. That way you could trigger 'Event1 -> Event0' for release, and 'Event2 -> Event0' for the execution... Zed said it'd be a real pain to code... :(

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
This is the basic idea:
- Key0: Standard state. Over the lava.
- Key1: Execution state. Inside the lava pool.
- Key2: Release state. Over a walkway.
· For the execution, the mover should go from Key0 to Key1, stop there for a few seconds, and then go back to Key0.
· For the release, the mover should go from Key0 to Key2, (without going through Key1), stay there for a few seconds, and then go back to Key0.

The only way I can think to make a mover like that one would be to assign a different Event for each Keyframe, and using those Events to tell the mover which Keyframe to go exactly... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
You mean a different Tag for each keyframe... :)

It could be possible using Mych's Probe actor that he created for Jailbreak. It allows an actor to be triggered by different things.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Coding update:

It's surprisingly easy to get a mover to go to other keyframes.
The existing code only moves one frame at a time. When it finishes that move, there's a call to move it on to the next.
In other words, the DoOpen() function only makes it go from 0 to 1. The KeyFrameReached() function then checks how many frames there are, and if there's more, makes it move to the next one.

All I need to do is override those functions :)
And sort out the multiple tags too :)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Yeah, good point.

I'm going to make this an actor that can be embedded in this map, but I will also add it to JBToolbox so mappers can easily use it after the next release of Jailbreak.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
OK, here's your mover.

It has two possible paths, one for release and one for execution.

Set Events->TagRelease, TagExecute to respond to the events you set for each movement path.
Set Mover->StayOpenTimeRelease, StayOpenTimeExecute for the open time.
Set Mover->KeyNumRelease, KeyNumExecute for the key numbers that are each path's last keyframe.
Example: KeyNumRelease = 2, KeyNumExecute = 5 produces this:
release: 0.. 1.. 2.. then close the same way
execute: 0.. 3.. 4.. 5.. then close the same way

For help getting this mover from the demo map to your map, see http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/MyLevel, 'Embedding resources from another map's MyLevel'

PS. In the demo, just shoot the targets to make it move.

Attachments

• DM-TargetMover.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 2