How to Be a Good Tech Like Me... well... non-horrible like me.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
I think lock on rockets blow goat nuts, I like the lock on in 2k3 better, even a gunner can dodge a lock on, and you know its comming cause it shows how many you have.

Wait dodge jump boost, hit ground bunny hop, done no hits simple and easy

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
but if all four locked on at once,it would be much easier to spam a lot of locked on rox at someone,and that gets hard to dodge,especially when they're getting "thrown " at you in different directions.by that,i mean aiming the reticule way off to 1 side,up,down left,right,and letting them fly.

IMO,XMP is perfect the way it is,except that the incendiary,smoke and gas grenades should not go through walls and closed doors.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Catalyst88 said:
It's great, imo, that so many people are prepared to, well done worf, ravage, anathema- and everyone else for doing these :)

And it's a good thing you make this... assembilation! Otherwise it would be deathhard to find them when you need them and myself would missed at least 2/3 of them!

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
CiD said:
IMO,XMP is perfect the way it is,except that the incendiary,smoke and gas grenades should not go through walls and closed doors.
amen brother

-Thud-

Custom User Title
Jan 6, 2004
\/\/0RF said:
The lower right corner of your HUD tells you how many of each deployable are in play for your team, and if they are draining energy faster than your gens can keep up, the number turns yellow, then red.

Holy crap. Thanks! I've been playing since the demo came out and never noticed that because my monitor had always cut it off. I had to read that sentence and then go in game to check it in order to figure it out...

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
\/\/0RF said:
8). Don't be afraid to micromanage your team's energy.The lower right corner of your HUD tells you how many of each deployable are in play for your team, and if they are draining energy faster than your gens can keep up, the number turns yellow, then red. If some numbnuts has 17 rocket turrets and a hedge-maze of forcewalls in your art node room, go ahead and "Use" them to pick them up. This also saves you the effort or resupplying yourself later :D If he has a rocket turret facing a boulder, pick it up. If he has a forcewall in the middle of the desert, doing nothing, pick it up. Feel free to be a miser; your deployables have to cover the whole map, and you can't put 12 turrets at every gen and deploy and surround them with forcewalls. You just can't.

Can you clarify the bit in red in your post.

I messed with this a bit this morning, and I didn't seem to work as you've stated.

We had 3 generators, and I put down 2 turrets and they instantly turned red but our energy kept going up. I did the same thing with fence posts, we had 6 and they were yellow, I put down 3 more and it turned red but the energy kept going up. :confused:

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
i think that yellow means your breaking even on energy use,and red means that soon your going to be losing energy.

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
If i ever am a tech i storm the enemy base (just like with any other class :)). But with tech you can hack yourself a way in very quick, and then i use turrets to slow the enemy down while i make a run for it, and imo the assault rifle is a pretty good mid-range weapon, also very usefull for fragging.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
the AR is a great weapon,hose em down with primary fire and your likely to pull a headshot.and the secondary can be deadly as well.useful for getting a headhsot on an unsuspecting ranger.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
Can you clarify the bit in red in your post.

I messed with this a bit this morning, and I didn't seem to work as you've stated.

We had 3 generators, and I put down 2 turrets and they instantly turned red but our energy kept going up. I did the same thing with fence posts, we had 6 and they were yellow, I put down 3 more and it turned red but the energy kept going up. :confused:
3 Gens plus 2 turrets don't equal energy loss, I think that much is obvious without me saying anything.

I don't know the EXACT formula for energy usage, but I think it's divided up per each element which uses energy. For example, if they're counting planted deployables or vehicles against energy usage, then ALL the numbers would turn red if the sum total was surpassing your energy gain. It's PROBABLY like "if you have three gens, and 8 ppl on your team, you can have like 12 turrets, 3 forcewalls, 6 laser mines, and two manned turrets (made-up numbers)" and if your number surpasses that formula, it changes to yellow then red. It could also be tied to the total amount of energy that exists, like 5 turrets are worse for your team if you have 650 energy than if you have 1100.

Like I said, this is all guesswork as to Legend's actual formula. The point is, you can check your HUD and see where the problem is if you are bleeding energy despite dominating the game (those 500 forcewalls in the node room might be a cause, for example).

ReLiK

Waiting to spawn....
Dec 21, 2003
Worf, I think you're right about there being a player load:generator ratio that determines 'optimum' deployable numbers... which then lead to either green, yellow or red numbering.

I guess theres no other way to really do it, since no one particular deployable is causing a drop in team energy, its the combined effect.

However I would like to see a small delta value next to the team energy bar which should show the rate of team energy change. This would make it far easier and quicker to spot if there is a energy surplus or not. I know that its pretty easy to know when there is a drain as you can hear when deployables are going offline but its not so easy to spot a surplus.

Also with an actual delta value a smart tech (or gunner) can make more informed choices about what kind of turret to place.

Anathema-

...because we're NOT free
Oct 19, 2003
Actually you're only kind-of right. The amount of people playing directly effects the amount of energy you get. This will, in turn, affect how many deployables you can have.

Check it all out in my [thread=121983]Energy Guide[/thread].

Anathema-

...because we're NOT free
Oct 19, 2003
I was fortunate enough to be in the beta for a while :)

But the Simpsons already did that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.