Sniper Zoom...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hugh Jorgan

Experienced
Sep 25, 2000
Deathrow
Visit site
I've seen the mutator... It's not of much use though. Try searching the modsquad site for the d/l. The weapon you want to use a scope on (sniper rifle) already has one. The IG enhanced shock w/scope is a lot of fun, but not available in regular play anyway. Putting a scope on the snotgun won't help you much... lol!

If you wanted to do this without a published, distributed, auto-downloaded mutator (like using your own script) - It would be a cheat, IMO. Either the whole server has it available, or only the llama..

FWIW, I've seen that you can could change your FOV on some servers, at one time (I think it needs to be enabled by the admin now??) that can give you a bit of zoom-like ability. In case you were wondering, that's cheating too, IMO.

Some IG servers I play on have an auto-death zoom, complete with a broadcast message something like "player X has died from attempting to zoom the enhanced shockrifle". They usually leave the server right away when the cheat doesn't work and the rest of us rag on him...

Insecta

Insectacidal
Jun 9, 2000
Switzerland
If you want to zoom with other weapons, type "fov x" in the console. X is 90 by default, and I think the sniper zooms in to about 10. Make an alias that changes the fov in and out for you... I use.

(command="fov 10 | OnRelease fov 90",Alias=ZoomInOut)

Put it on a useful key, and zoom away. There are a few older servers that still let you do this, but you can always do it offline. It is pretty useless with most weapons anyway, and it's not really anything someone with a big screen and high resolution couldn't do. Works well with Instagib, Shock Rifle and Minigun though, and spying on the enemy. It's not a big advantage online anyway... It hasn't turned me into anything better anyway on the one server that uses it... not with a 56k.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Since such zooms are considered cheating by most people, the FOV command is disabled online per default. And very few server admins change that.

Previously it was possible to bypass this FOV limitation by use of the SET command, but Epic plugged that hole with patch 432. :)

No more zooming with any weapon except Sniper Rifle. :p