Review Queue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
Cursed_Soul: I have a couple other requests to take care of first, but I'll get to your map when I can, hopefully in a week or so. I had a brief look at it and it looks quite promising, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with it.

ArcadiaVincennes said:
Anyways, since you requested it from Iron, I'll be looking forward to reading it. :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm glad someone is reading these things! Speaking of which, if you do end up writing some reviewing guidelines or whatever, I'd be interested to see what you come up with, and maybe adding some thoughts of my own. Who knows, maybe it could become a resource for others who might be interested in contributing.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Ironblayde said:
Cursed_Soul: I have a couple other requests to take care of first, but I'll get to your map when I can, hopefully in a week or so. I had a brief look at it and it looks quite promising, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm glad someone is reading these things! Speaking of which, if you do end up writing some reviewing guidelines or whatever, I'd be interested to see what you come up with, and maybe adding some thoughts of my own. Who knows, maybe it could become a resource for others who might be interested in contributing.

Well, Twreks wrote the 'review schema' that's on the site here, I wouldn't want to replace that as it's a good, concise, overview, and my thing will be vastly more detailed, but perhaps it could be of some use. I'll send you a copy too Iron. Also, I know Taleweaver from Insite has a good Review article on his website so check that out too.
I know I already have something half-written up, But I think it's at work. I'll check and pm the both of you when I've finished it.

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
I was wondering that myself. A few weeks ago he turned out nine or ten reviews with superhuman speed and then disappeared. Maybe he's burrowed away in his gnome-hole busily writing his next batch of reviews. Or maybe we just gave him too much **** over DM-Megatomb][. :)

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
His forum profile lists contact information via ICQ and MSN, so you could try those if you haven't already. Be sure to let the rest of us know if you hear from him. If Gnome comes back and starts writing again, maybe we could get the number of review requests in the queue down to a more manageable number... like 950.

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
That's unfortunate. It would be nice having another active reviewer around. Anyway, I've got a few requests I'm working on right now, but once I get them done, I'll look into reviewing one of those packs, probably Frags since that request hasn't been claimed by anyone.

The Flags pack is in Gnome's personal queue. He's been inactive long enough that I can pull the request, but I'd hate to do that only to have him turn up a few days later and say that he'd started a review a long time ago or something. Reviewing a pack takes a lot of time and I'd hate for him to waste it if he's still out there. That said, I certainly won't let the request sit there forever if Gnome isn't coming back. I'm just not going to pick it up right this minute.

hostile

Oct 12, 2005
If everyone that is interested in this site, user made maps, and mapping would write more comments on these maps, that would do as good as a review in my oppinion. I personaly would rather more comments from a wide range of people than a review from one perspective of an over worked under paid reviewer. We all know that they can't review them all! So to all of you go write some comments. Tell them what you think. Most mappers would love to here from YOU! As long as it is constructive and not telling him he sucks becouse hes not a artist mapper.Telling him his map sucked would be OK. In return they will most likly make better maps for us all.Thats just me, what do you think?

PS:Thank you to all the reviewers at NC! your all the best.;)

Last edited:

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
I think experienced mappers should review and do something for the community that has served them for so long. Thst's why i started reviewing to help keep things moving at insite (and this is in no way in implaication that I'm an experienced mapper)