CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Imo you're best off reloading before you completely run out of ammo. With a special bind, you can even cancel your reloading quickly so you can fire those last rounds into a suddenly appearing enemy.

Bind: "weapnext; wait 2; weapnext"

To bind inside the game: /bind h "weapnext; wait 2; weapnext"

Or just go to "C:\Program Files\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<playername>" and modify config_mp.cfg

no need for that, if you run in the middle of a reload it will cancel the reload

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Doesn't matter. You can still Add a non-Steam purchased game. I didn't buy my copy of COD4 over Steam and I've associated it so that it shows up in the menu.

How the shot do I do that? :p I can add the shortcut from my oooold Deus Ex to Steam but I can't add the actual game. :(

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
It's convenient and I've never had a problem with Steam, I guess whiners whined about it back then and less people whine about it now.

I remember getting into a discussion about it with someone on this forum a while back and they were trying to find reasons why it sucks like, "well what if you lose your cd key or this or that" but they still couldn't find any situations where you couldn't recover your account unless you had amnesia or something while other games all you have to do is lose your CDkey or something. :p

Anyways I wanna register my old Deus Ex with Steam (if possible, if not then that is my only complaint) so I can play without the cd and 'take' my account wherever I go. :p

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
MP5 for Vacant and Shipment as its the strongest gun, Gold AK47 for the rest as its the second strongest and has recoil easier to control. Use no attachments for either as they make the weapon do less damage, including red dot. Brandolier , stopping power, and steady aim for both.

Bring your UT skills with this setup without blindly running your game on the highest settings, you're guaranteed to start getting perma-banned from pubs. :D:tup:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
MP5 for Vacant and Shipment as its the strongest gun, Gold AK47 for the rest as its the second strongest and has recoil easier to control. Use no attachments for either as they make the weapon do less damage, including red dot. Brandolier , stopping power, and steady aim for both.

What? The attachments doesn't reduce damage at all.

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Do I get this game for PS3 or 360?

Depends on which controller you're more inclined to use with FPS games. I know more people on 360 so I got it for that, plus I'm used to the controller for FPS games. I know some people that ended up getting it on PS3 because their 360's were dead at the time, and from what I've seen on PS3 it looks really nice and clean, but the difference is probably negligible, aside from controls.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It's not an "issue" -- it's balance. The red dot is super-easy to aim with compared to having iron sights and the gun blocking the lower half of the screen. :p

I'm playing through the campaign again, this time on veteran difficulty. It took me two real tries to get the intro obstacle course to recommend veteran for me; apparently it's not so much the time as it is being fast and accurate.

"You will not survive" is a fairly accurate description of that difficulty. It's kind of like "peek out, die, repeat." Frustrating, but dammit, I'm gonna beat it. :mad: