Free mod forum hosting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
Back up for hosting

Looks like this thread got eaten, so here we go again! :)

I'm offering to host mod forums as a subforum on my board*. I am running the latest verison of Woltlab Burning Board (yes, under a legit license). This forum system is on par with vBulletin 3 (What you are currently looking at ;)), and is full of robust features you don't see on free boards like phpBB.

You will get one person (user) with 'Hosted Admin' user status. This person has control over various aspects of your forum, including full control over styles, and limited administration abilities over threads/moderation. This user must be approved by me first, but will probably be you.

I don't allow template modification (yet), but the style control is quite extensive. You can modify the logo, backgrounds, all colors, and add all sorts of CSS bits. If you NEED a template modification, I might be able to arrange it for you.

Private forums are no problem. I can easily set up a usergroup limitation on a forum, and set one person as that group's leader (in which case this user can add/remove people from the group as needed). If you don't like that idea, password protection can be set up instead.

The forum's uptime should be close to 100% (If the server is up, were up), and no, we don't not put ads up.

The forums can be located at http://www.UnrealAnnihilation.com/forums
A link to your forums might look like this: http://www.UnrealAnnihilation.com/forums/board.php?boardid=123

* The reason for this is WBB2 is a cost-per-instance forum, like VB, so I can't afford to run more than one copy, and our host wouldn't be too happy anyway ;)

If you have any questions, you can contact me via one of the follow methods:

Email: fireslash@beyondunreal.com
AIM: fireslash18
MSN: fireslash18@hotmail.com
Y!: fire_storm5151
IRC: irc.gamesnet.net #UnrealAnnihilation, irc.enterthegame.com #beyondunreal, irc.gnug.org #tauniverse

Last edited:

Major Maedondias

Community/BU/DSE Site Advisor
Jan 6, 2006
DragonStarElite.com
When DragonStarElite comes back up(we need to raise money to bring it back up, 'cause i'd been doing this for too long without trying to do any forms of ads and very little on donations....) i'll be offering full fledged PHPNuke web sites with custom extras and integrated phpbb forums. Ads will be at a minimum, but may be necassary to help keep all the sites available for free to the mod groups themselves.

Last edited: