New U2XMP Master Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

]HoC[Omen

pro-n3wb
Jan 26, 2006
Thanks for all the nice posts ppl

I would just like take a sec to remind people that they still need
to configure their servers correctly for people to be able to join.

I see alot of people trying to host servers without for example
forwarding the udp ports needed for it to work. In this case
the master server will add the server to the list (you can see it as
a dead server if you uncheck/re-check the "dead" checkbox in u2xmp),
but noone can join it if it can't be queried via UDP by the u2xmp client.

For information about how to host a u2xmp server go:
here

If you think you have setup everything correctly and you still have
problems, please join #xmpms at quakenet.org and let me know.

/omen

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
Please, please stop spamming this thread. Since it's now a sticky I really believe it ought to be reserved for people who are having problems with the master server or UI, or who would like more info; to be a public place where those problems and solutions can be shared. I'm all for forum spam in moderation, it helps keep things light-hearted and can at times be bloody hilarious. But this isn't funny any more.

There's an entire /page/ of useless posts here, please leave it at that guys. If there are any mods around who could split the topic maybe, that would be cool.

Don't mean to sound like a whinging bastard, although I probably do, but this is a good thing for the community and I feel you're poking fun at it a little.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
BlueX said:
eq when i want to connect to a server after i've all ready been in one it keeps giving me connection failed. is it common or is it something i did?
Haven't experienced that problem in relation to the UI mod, but I do know there is a connection between this behaviour and MapVote, caused by the MapVote UI plugin still being in memory when the client tries to connect to a server not running MapVote (ie. most of them). The only thing which could cause it to occur with the UI mod is the WebUpdate feature, which will sometimes stay in memory after use, but won't be loaded in just normal use.

If you suspect that this (or something similar) is happening. You can generally unload everything from memory by typing:

OPEN ENTRY

into your console. This effectively tells your client to locally open a totally blank map (the entry level), thereby unloading all memory-resident objects. Once you've done that you should be ok to join a new server.

Like I said above, I'm aware of this problem with MapVote, and hope to fix it in the next release; if you believe that this is being caused by the UI mod though, it might be worth uninistalling it just to verify. If there are bugs in that then I can get them fixed too.

garbage

a.k.a. Del!Rium
Oct 23, 2005
Holland>all
www.tbc-xmp.co.uk
well tbh eq, I never had the problem at your server, so personaly I wouldn't blame the mapvote. Altho I had the problem at HoCservers quite regularly. Ahwell I'll try that openentry stuff, thanks for the info :)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I had that happen on Spawnie's last week at map change. The server didn't even show up in the list when I refreshed, so I assumed it went down or something.