Bio Sludge Rifle Rocks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
i dont trust utbible,it's not accurate

it said that only the sniper rifle and ripper deal more damage when the target is hit in the head but that is not true...

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
Yes i agree ,the bio is a very underrated weapon.I use it quite a bit,and on every map including deck and liandri.I originally was looking for a way to counter or evade low pingers....thats when i discovered the effectiveness of the bio.Aggressive players will follow u,allowing you to drop a wad of bio in there path.Also it can be used to lower route possibilities....if there are two routes u can block one with the bio then concentrate on the other route[albeit only for a few seconds]great weapon for warding off aggressive flakkrs...always drop a wad at portal exits[really pisses them off..or gets a laugh]

:biorifle:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I've come to realize...

Originally posted by AriTheDog
yup. when you get your style worked out, all of them are useful, and deadly, given the proper situation.

That is so true. Though, you don't even need the "proper situation" sometimes. If you just practice enough, you can adapt most of these weapons to lots of situations, though certain ones do help a lot.

Friend of mine is silly evil with bio and rockets. I'm more afraid of his bio, and he usually doesn't even have to charge mutliple rockets, so long as he hits me with one... all down hill from there.

All things relative, a fully charged bio rifle does as much damage, as the ESR, or the inner blast of a redeemer (to one person), because all will kill you regardless of armor. I've survived redeemer blasts, but never the other two.

The beauty of goo though is that it does even damage throughout the splash, and does more splash then you can see. If you take any damage (in my experience) from a fully charged goo shot, even after it lands, you die.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Rockets...

The problem with rockets now, is that when you fire a full 8ball (6 rockets), they don't all hit at the same time. One of the ones that first hit you can knock you clear of the rest. Or they can land on something else and you only take splash, no direct damage.

If you pin some someone in a corner with a full 8ball, they usually die. Though I haven't tested this.

I do know in U1, and full 8ball, which always hit all at the same time (and had a bitchin' shockwave effect), would do in excess of 400 damage, which now would kill regardless of armor and overhealth. I don't imagine it's far off now. I Know it rarle takes me more then 4 good single rockets to take down most people with belts....

stiflersmom

MOM?!?!?!
Dec 7, 2000
Bangkok
Visit site
Originally posted by AriTheDog
yup. when you get your style worked out, all of them are useful, and deadly, given the proper situation.

:)

that is what I love about unreal tournament; unlike some other games, all the weapons have extreme killing capabilities:D(even the lowly hammer piston, when charged up, will kill a person with 150 health in hardcore).

Also, someone else said that any armor picked up after the shield belt will repair it. This is NOT true; I know this because after getting hit whilst having a so-called "repaired" shield, I suddenly lose my yellow glow even though my armor still has a rating higher than zero.

That person was correct about a shield belt replacing normal armor, though. Apart from the armor bug, there is a maximum armor rating of 150 and as such the shieldbelt, having that 150 rating, replaces the normal armor.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
belt/armour

Originally posted by stiflersmom
Also, someone else said that any armor picked up after the shield belt will repair it. This is NOT true; I know this because after getting hit whilst having a so-called "repaired" shield, I suddenly lose my yellow glow even though my armor still has a rating higher than zero.

I'm almost certain that's happened to me as well, so I'm not sure armour picked up rebuilds the belt.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
The Goos main danger is when the gloop explodes, its actually possible to pass compleatly unharmed through a field of goo without harm is ur carefull. (of cource u will still crap ur pants in the process) ;)

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
One funny thing about the goo is that people will see it and still run through it. I've dropped a full goo wad onto the rocket launcher in maps like Phobos and Grinder and sure enough someone's going to run right through it to get the rocket launcher. It is also handy for surprise attacks. If someone surprises you just release the secondary fire at them and retreat.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Belt/Armor

Armor does not repair the shield belt. It only appears to do so becasue of the brilliant armor cap placed on this game. You get as much of the armor as can be had, and the remainder of your shield belt is treated normaly.

The belt when gotten after the armor will replace it, for the belt has better coverage and will take all damage, where as the armor will share damage with the body.

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Not only this...

Originally posted by Rooster
You can also use the goo gun as a defensive weapon - it will block an incoming shock ball (alt fire).

It will not only block it, but continue through it unharmed. It will do the same to an alt razor, and flack bomb (though the flack will then come out of the bomb, unstoppably). I haven't seen it do anything to rockets, haven't teste that yet, and it will of course stop a redeemer (takes mad skills). I've only done that once.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Re: I've come to realize...

Originally posted by $MP$-AEnubis

All things relative, a fully charged bio rifle does as much damage, as the ESR, or the inner blast of a redeemer (to one person), because all will kill you regardless of armor. I've survived redeemer blasts, but never the other two.

esr?

stiflersmom

MOM?!?!?!
Dec 7, 2000
Bangkok
Visit site
Re: Belt/Armor

Originally posted by $MP$-AEnubis
Armor does not repair the shield belt. It only appears to do so becasue of the brilliant armor cap placed on this game. You get as much of the armor as can be had, and the remainder of your shield belt is treated normaly.

The belt when gotten after the armor will replace it, for the belt has better coverage and will take all damage, where as the armor will share damage with the body.

so in other words, exactly what I said :p

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Goo Gun Tip

Also, allow me to reveal something I'm surprised more people don't know about the Goo Gun.
It's very usefull in CTF. After you grab the flag, start charging the secondary. If you are in a hallway or the sideramps in Lavagiant for example, as you are being chased, look STRAIGHT DOWN at the ground, and LET LOOSE. This won't harm you at all, if you do it right, but it's hell on your pursuers. I've killed many enemies that way. If this is new to you you MUST try it.