MP3 Players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'm looking for an MP3 player that I can hook up to my car with as much space and as cheap as possible. I've been looking, but everything I seem to find is about $8,000+. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Help a brotha out!

Last edited:

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
I could imagine a car radio with USB in and a mp3 player with lots of memory that acts as a removable media, so you can just read the music off it in the car and use it as a normal mp3 player without the car.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
If you want a MP3 that you can use for things while you have your phone on you, then...

iPod classic

160 GB

$250 dolla

Or do you need less space and less expensive?

Then the best cheap ones seem to be...

This 4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip+ for $35

or

This 8GB Sansa Fuze+ for $65

If you don't need to have your phone on you while you play MP3, then smartphone is the obvious answer like Rambo said. There was another thread like this recently. :p

I could imagine a car radio with USB in and a mp3 player with lots of memory that acts as a removable media, so you can just read the music off it in the car and use it as a normal mp3 player without the car.

/biggest facepalm ever

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
record-player-car-717738jpg-dcb8392c24f0a69a.jpg

In all seriousness, the iPod idea Sleepy said is probably the best idea. Using your smartphone as a music player will drain battery, and you may need the charge later.

If your car supports a USB connection to the iPod that is great. If not you could get a 3.5mm cassette tape accessory if your car still has a tape player, or there are cheap FM transmitters that you can use to make your own personal radio station.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
what about radio emiters ? you plug that in the cigar thingy for power, put a usb stick and you tune to the right frequency with your car radio and it's working. :)

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I pop my iPhone 4 into a dash mount and have a charger and a line-out cable always plugged in. I have a Sony Xplod headunit, but most aftermarket headunits these days have a line-in jack of some kind.

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
I'm using the Sony Ericsson WT19i Live with Walkman anywhere; it has some good sound quality when I hear some hundreds of songs during road trips or just listening through any radio stations, charging through the cigar lighter (included on the phone product). Maybe you should use for recommendation whatsoever OR buy something with the 'car audio system' to upgrade your car. :)

My new 'future' car is cool with 'the media system' and the cigarette lighter adapter. When I removed the cigar lighter from my phone, batteries will stay longer on it for every 3-6 hours before time runs out.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
what about radio emiters ? you plug that in the cigar thingy for power, put a usb stick and you tune to the right frequency with your car radio and it's working. :)

Yeah, I suggested that as an option, but only as the last option. If you are on a lengthy road trip, and if you have a weak FM transmitter, local radio stations with the same frequency you set often will drown out the transmitter's signal, so you would have to constantly change the stations. Also with my FM transmitter, the fidelity of the sound isn't as good as using a cassette adapter or usb/bluetooth if available.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Like I mentioned, if you're willing to swap out stereo's, get one that lets you plug in a thumb drive
Mine was under $200 plus cost of various thumb drives over the years. A 4GB can hold a fuckton of music and you can get them for like $6

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
If you really wanted to get serious with this and turn it into a project, you could always do what I'm planning to eventually do; build a mini-ITX system to go in your car. Then, you mount a 7" touchscreen on your dash, install Linux on the system, load it with MP3's, plug the soundcard line-out into your stereo line-in, and voila! Bob's your uncle.

This also opens you up to some nice extras, like cheap GPS (all you need is a GPS antenna and some open-source software) and on-dash DVD playback.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
If you really wanted to get serious with this and turn it into a project, you could always do what I'm planning to eventually do; build a mini-ITX system to go in your car. Then, you mount a 7" touchscreen on your dash, install Linux on the system, load it with MP3's, plug the soundcard line-out into your stereo line-in, and voila! Bob's your uncle.

This also opens you up to some nice extras, like cheap GPS (all you need is a GPS antenna and some open-source software) and on-dash DVD playback.

and facebook access.