what is love?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

luquado

The cake is a PLOY!!
Feb 18, 2000
Astoria, NYC
www.luquado.com
WHAT IS LOVE
BABY DON'T HURT ME
DON'T HURT ME
NO MORE

<****ty euro-house type beat starts playing, people on the dancefloor realize they're extra's in Night At The Roxbury ][ >

:D

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
well, if we're quoting lyrics on love:
love is a stranger in an open car
to tempt you in and drive you far away
and i want you
and i want you
and i want you so
it's an obsession

:D

If it's love, you'll know it AI. It's cool to just say you both like each other very much, for now. These things can take time to develop.

...hmm. can I resist "And we're sending our love down the well" ?

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
i'd agree with maj, on pretty much everything she said. people should listen. i go through it every day, and it isn't bad, it's just the reality of a relationship, and not just a romantic one.

and on you [AI] being in love with this girl, i'd suggest first, that you not move. spending hours on end with someone every single day, is far different than talking on the phone, or the internet... this isn't to say that your feelings aren't valid, it's just that you must be wary.

at a young age, you really won't know until it happens, if things will work out or not. just take it as it comes.

Also, Matt: why?

and, BBA: lol! :D

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
also, AI, no offense, but you've been hitting on every last girl that's come into these forums...

...you might just be a bit desperate?

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
quick rough guide..

when the lyrics of songs start to show so much meaning, so much connection to your life and how your feeling, then your in love... what kind of love is for you to decide.. (just hope its not addictive..)

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by AriTheDog
also, AI, no offense, but you've been hitting on every last girl that's come into these forums...

...you might just be a bit desperate?

oh please:rolleyes:
im just playing

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
OK Deepershade beat me to it...

When you no longer think the balads by the 80's hair bands are cheesey...
When it seems like Poison and Whitesnake feel JUST the way you feel... THAT is love

I wanna know what love is...
I want you to show me...
I wanna feel what love is
I want you to hold me

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Originally posted by AI
ummm ok, should i be worried then?

Worried? Hmm, i take it its not there then..

Heres a test..

Download Mariah Carey - All i want for christmas is you
If that song doesnt have real meaning for you right now then your not in love...

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Originally posted by MattMacD
I'm sorry, not trying to be rude here... but this guy's just asking to get burnt... (karma's a beautiful thing as well).

Love is not perfect nor painless.

It is an emotion. Emotions are unreliable.

Rely on an emotion and you're relying on the unreliable.

But then love is such a beautiful feeling, why is anyone gonna agree with me? :rolleyes:

Well uh... its that too. :D I'll rephrase if I can. Love is everything good, everything painful, everything sad. But is love evil?

I thought about this a bit more last night, and I think "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" (read the book, don't bother with the movie) summed it up rather well: (I'm paraphrasing, of course)

Lust is wanting to sleep with someone (boink, boink, boink)

Love is wanting to sleep with someone (zzzzzzz)

FoxZero

not as clueless as you'd think
Oct 16, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Maj1013
I thought about this a bit more last night, and I think "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" (read the book, don't bother with the movie) summed it up rather well: (I'm paraphrasing, of course)

Lust is wanting to sleep with someone (boink, boink, boink)

Love is wanting to sleep with someone (zzzzzzz)

Both...both is good...

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by D66
Well, If Rick Springfield and Steve Pery seem like they are talking DIRECTLY to you.... Worry

thats pretty much i was implying deepershade;)

but anyways me and my mom talk for along time last night
i 'discovered', i guess you could say, that i was acting on impulses
that i wanted to be with her now and i didnt want to wait
but i am going to wait
i heard a saying "True love waits"
and theres another one "The biggest risk of all, is not taking one."
so i think im gunna wait til my lease is up on my apartment, see how things are going, the maybe i will consider moving
so who knows if i dont take a risk i could really regret having not done it:hmm:

Stormi

Head for the Basement Boys!
Oct 29, 2001
Tacoma Washington
Visit site
Originally posted by Maj1013
There are as many ways to answer this question as there are stars in the sky, but, in the spirit of trying to help you figure stuff out...here's my two cents.

So...love is:

Valuing someone else's happiness above your own.

Spending hours discussing everything from the existence of God to who would win in a Spiderman vs. Batman showdown.

Spending just as much time in companiable silence, content to be simply sharing a moment together.

Admitting you've been an ass when you've been an ass and apologizing for it.

Not telling the other person to go f**k themselves when they're being an ass. (You go through a lot of "Ok, I really love you, but you're pissing me off right now, so I'm gonna go in the other room for a bit.")

Whenever you see/hear/experience something cool, you immediately want to share it with the other person. (If you're lucky, they're already there.)

I could offer up a huge list like this, but I guess the best way to summarize what I'm saying...love is offering up a huge part of yourself to another person, willingly and freely. Yes, this leaves you incredibly vulnerable, and you'll get hurt. A lot. But as the cliche goes, no pain, no gain.

There is nothing, NOTHING, like the absolute certainty that one person in this world always has your back.

This is a good start AI, but the real thing is even deeper. It pervades every cell, every thought, every minute at first. Then it grows into deep, familiar, abiding, you can make it past having children, honey take the garbage out, today I hate you, but tomorrow will be different, OMG I am losing my hair, OMG I have a wrinkle.....ect ect. It's just knowing that for the rest of your life, you really can't imagine making love to another person because they just won't get it. It's knowing that you want to be part of this persons life. Not just 2 months, or till the lust dims. It's life commitment. nuff said.