Official UT3 complaint thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 now or waited?

• Glad it is out now, i cant wait.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • Wish they would have waited.

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 24 17.4%

• Total voters

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
ScreenShot00002.jpg

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
I do miss being able to set up very mismatched teams composed of the same bot like you can do in UT2Kx. What I mean for example is that say you want to play ONS and you feel like really beating up on the bots you could easily have 10 bots on your team and set up the opposing team to have just five. And what was cool was if say you had the terminator model and you wanted to fight a team of terminators you would just drag over the terminator portrait five times and there you have it. Your 11 person squad completely destroying a squad of five of the same bots. This is not possible in UT3 and is among the things I really miss for offline bot play. I just don't understand why they deviated from such a great formula.

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
Worst still, they leave you in the dark, they will not respond to any questions on their official forums, they treat their customers like idiots, locking and deleting threads, even genuine threads for no apparent reason other than the author was not kissing Epics ass. People have posted threads about creating anti cheat measures for the game, this is the user creating it, not asking Epic to do it, the threads are closed without warning or reason. Make a negative comment about the game, Epic or Midway, about how there are few players playing, or comment on the sales figures, the thread will be Locked/Deleted, and in some cases you may even get banned for your trouble. It is truly pathetic some of the threads that are being locked and deleted, they are not doing themselves any favours.

QFMFT.

faultymoose

Feb 25, 2008
Oh, I just came from the official forums where I posted a thread called: "Hey Mods, how about a suggestion forum?"

The body was not antagonistic. It was just asking for a suggestions forum where we could move all that kind of discussion off general so it wouldn't have to be deleted.

The thread was deleted. I got a negative slash against me from a mod. Awesome.

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
Putting a bunch of bots in a map and watching them kill each other was one of my favorite pass times in the previous Unreal games, not having this feature in UT3 is severely disappointing. Especially in the first UT when you could put 100+ bots into one map and watch the carnage ensue :D

Just choose the max number of bots, type "suicide" in the console, bind "viewbot" to a key and press that repeatedly to switch from bot to bot :) Enjoy!

It's not real spectator mode because you can't fly around freely, and your corpse is lying around somewhere, but it comes close :)

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
Already complained in another thread myself... sorry I didn't find this one first. Anyway, its actually very needed, as many UT fans who got UT 3 will very fast need a place to vent many things out :)