General Protection Fault (player import)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rphl

Nov 17, 2008
I've modelled a simple character in Max 2008 and i want to export it to Unreal Editor v3.0 (UT04)
I've used ActorX plugin to get a .PSK and a .PSA file.
Importing the texture into UED3.0 goes well but when I want to import the .PSK file UED crashes and gives me a General Protection Fault.
At a MAXforum they told me to ask it at a UT forum so it's a UED problem instead of a MAX problem.

The error:
--------------------------
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3003 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (7519)

General protection fault!

History: UEditorEngine::meshSkelLODProcess <- UEditorEngine::meshSkelImport <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Anim <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (NEWANIM IMPORT FILE="D:\School\Minor 3D game\Modellen\Lichaam\ActorX export\ho).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserAnimation::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserMaster::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop
--------------------------
I've read somewhere that it it is caused because:"The model had no material attached to it and therefore caused uED to crash"
But i don't understand how to fix it because i'm new to UED..