Bug and Tweak List

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
Bug and Tweak List - will update periodically.

THIS IS A COMPILATION OF BUGS THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED: I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALMOST ALL OF THE POSTS AND COME UP WITH THESE THUS FAR. SOME ARE DIRECT QUOTES TAKEN FROM THE RESPECTIVE POSTS.

Major Bugs:
- Linux server: unstable for unknown reason. Crashes between each map load - http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=151272
- Server crashes if laser tripmine placed one on the node.

Gameplay affecting Bugs - see also class bugs afterwards:
- There is no immunity after spawning - needs immunity which wears off the moment you shoot or wears off after 2 seconds.
- No way of knowing where you are deploying - no name until you click on the place you want to deploy, the name pops up, but if you switch to another deploy point, the name doesn't change it still calls it where you clicked the first time - unless you click in again - basically, the name of the deploy should be blatantly visible.
- Occasionally, still can not redeploy after dying.
- Rarely, if you get gutblowed, you can not re-deploy.
- Exiting a moving vehicle will sometimes result in getting run over
- Nice now your vision actually gets coverd with flame! Bad thing is that it only clouds your vision if you look straight down so it isnt really a penalty right now
- Sometimes when your character gets killed while in a vechile you get sent back to deploy and get stuck perminately in spectator mode. Suicide command does not work because you have not respawned yet.
- Sometimes when your character gets killed near a vechile and you press the use key you will be able to drive around till someone kills the vechile. When they do kill the vechile you get stuck in spectator mode upon redeploying. (Old bug still ingame)
- Sometimes your character respawns without a weapon and is able to hack stuff. You then are respawned out of no where back at the deploy you chose and a ghost/clone character is left at the last point where you were located.
- Sometimes you can still gutblow yourself by dodging into the front blades even though the vechile is not in motion. You can also use the vechile exploit to be able to drive the vechile while dead. This to result in a redeployed character stuck in spectator mode. (previouly stated bug)
- After hacking a door, it will not open automatically - until you walk away and re-engage it.
- while you crouch you cant enter a veicule
- while you crouch behind an object if you throu any grenade it will hit that object wich means it will take your health too
- can not crouch in the air
- You can still rotate 360 and shoot the machine gun thru the tank, killing enemy behind you.

Ranger:
- When a ranger Zooms with the sniper and changes weapon before he zooms out, the zoom will get stuck, meaning you can snipe with any weapon the ranger posesses.
- Crosshairs aren't accurate when you zoom in.

Tech:
- If you go to a weapon resupply right after spawning - you can have 2 auto turrets and 2 rocket turrets to deploy.
- If you pick drop a turret, pick it up, you can't put it back down.
- Depolayables - Do not fire on enemy deployables anymore

Gunner:
- Flame thrower clouds do not disappear or cause any damage.
- Sometimes after reloading the rocket launcher, the alt-fire lockon will not actually lock on to targets. You have to release the shot dumb-fire before you can start locking on again.
- When using the conc grenade to try to concjump, the nade always gets thrown in front of you, even if you shoot straight down - look in 3rd person, you'll see.
- If you fire all 6 grenades, reload, and switch back you need to hit R to 'unjam' the launcher because it refuses to load one into the chamber (6 ammo, 0 clip).
- Spontaneously exploding mines (both laser and land)

Vehicles:
- The juggers cannon aim still gets messed up when its on nonflat ground
- The leftovers of a vehicle when it doesnt explode into nothingness creates a car explotion sound everytime it bounces instead of when it actually explodes

Important Tweaks that should be implemented ASAP:- Don't know when being shot, not enough feedback from weapons.
- Notification on HUD that you have been targetted by the Gunners seeking missles.
- Sound effects for the auto turrets need to be louder. I've walked past them and not known it was there until I died
- The twinkling as first person when having the art needs to be removed.
- The turrets are still almost impossible to localise when theyre fireing and if youre not like really close you wont hear them either
- Right now the pistol fires fast as hell, probably too fast. I would try something like 3.5-4 rounds a second
- Force walls are too weak, the actual wall itself should be able to withstand at least 3/4 rockets of damage - the actual poles needs 1 rocket of health.
- The classes jump height etc is still not correct (at least not for the tech) he still has problems getting up from for example cave on sunset beach. Yhis should be easy to fix... all the 3 characters should be able to get up from cave (precisely) with a normal double jump without mantling (u2xmp style)
- The dodging issue needs a fix imo, you can read the whole... drama right http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=151325
- able to switch weapons, while you are reloading. If this is not acceptable, at least allow us to switch weapons and abort reloading.
- Tighter turning radius on the raptor
- Some way to aim with the machine gun in the jug or at least a sight showing you were you will hit - basically, there's no way to change the direction of the firing gun or any crosshairs.
- Vehicle collisions and accidents should do alot more damage to the vehicle
- team speak : when a ally speaks, we can't see its position, I just see (redeploying) instead (ie : the others see [FXMP]KamiBen (redeploying) : <-- I'm hacking this, where I see [FXMP]KamiBen (cliff generator) : <-- I'm hacking )

Non-Gameplay Bugs:
- On game end, toplist doesn't show.
- On game end, people can still move about and do things.
- If your in a vehicle and the game ends, you can hop out and run about in 1st person. I will try to see what happens when I attempt to get an artifact. (see above)
- Hack effect still isn't the same in online game as instant action.
- When viewing the deploy point, you can see tracer fire that hits the deploy pole that appears coming from no where.
- Sometimes the spawn particle effect is triggered at the respawn point if you only change to it, even if its in the middle of its countdown
- When people die and having clicked to re-deploy, they are sitting upwards - might not be a bug, but it should be changed as people mistake them for being alive.
- Weapon display still there if you check no weapon.
- if you try using the the in game team switch, it won't go away. (you have to use the esc menu to change teams)
- When you steal an artifact it still says that you are spectating.
- Demorecording: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=151417 and http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=151677
- if you time it right and click through a deploy when it is spawning, you will make a copy of yourself - although not controllable.
- when arts are stuck to the door, their glow doesn't travel with them
- in light of implementation of customs crosshairs, only can get default to work.
- Weapon reload sounds are not always correctly when compared to the animation. Fire one round and reload, see and hear that the sound and animation is correct, then try fire all roudns and let the gun automatically reload, now see that it is not correct
- If you zoom with the sniper you can clearly see that the mittle of the aimcurse is not 100% correctly alined, its not a cross, a line of pixels are a little dissaligned.
- The reload sounds are volumewise alot louder tan the actuall fire sound
- I dont know why but when I hacked a gen and pressed the use button a couple of times, the glowing effect on the generator got stuck
- Dodge animation wrong
- When you pick up a ammo pack with a gunner it switches your weapon to the rocket launcher instead of just reloading what you already have.
- On the chose class screen we no longer have the spec option listed there wich means that if we chose a classe we cant go back to spectator
- You can see an EMP graphic through all terrain
- The shake'ing jug turret anim getting stuck bug. (Standard on either primary attack or secondary attack the turret is shook. This anim however end in a slightly angled position.)
-The live weapons off the unpowered vehicle bug (Weapons are still active even on unpowered vehicles)
-The join spectator team bug (When joining spec there is no way to return in either blue or red team)
- you dont have the flash effect of the conc grenades if you man a car
- if you place a trip mine at a unmanned car you can drive away and they dont explode. actually the laser stays where youve plantet the mine while the mine itself drives with the car.
If you now walk through the beam the explosion is at the place where youve planted the mine
- you cant place laser trip mines on the ground on valleyofapes, but still you can do it in the towers which results in the error above
- rocket-launcher secondary does not result in an explosion if you fire it standing close to the wall
- Energy wins. It seems that most of the time running out of energy makes you *win* the game instead of lose it. Sometimes it works correctly though.
- When you change teams while in a vehicle the vehicle keeps your old team color. If you destroy it (now on the other team) the game gives you points as if it were an enemy vehicle. If you get into the vehicle the game plays the "carjacked" sound from ut2k4.
- Annoucer stays on no matter what. I myself perfer NOT to have an annoucer. And yes, I have adjusted all the settings.
- Under the Settings menu, then to Weapons tab, the guns don't float on the right axis. (yeah, i know...who cares...it's still a bug)

Maps:
Garden: you can still boost the raptor into the walls on the sides of the bases.
Garden: Big base doors only open when you are in the very center of them.
Fox: low fog - problem with texture shading.
Murkywoods: Blue base, invisible wall on the left side of it, if you are looking into the center of the map.
Rampant: ?bug - cannot jump out the window in the base where the health stations are. i guess you can't jump/duck.
Sirocco: if you hack a gen, the gen's color doesn't change.
ValleyofApes: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=151400
Alcazar: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=151387
Kaminari: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=152218

Bigger map bug list:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=151228

?Bugs(Might not be bugs):
- Yellow polygoned turrets when you are close to them.
- On respawn the tech auto-switches to the Shotgun (weapon 2) All the other classes switch to weapon 1. In U2XMP the tech switched to the Assault Rifle
- When you press [f4] to get a pretty behind view of a gunner, and then deside to fire a bit, the missiles go straight through whatever is infront of you. Never hits anything. When you press [f4] again, the aimer isn't centered. It is were the missile was fired (because that part of the aimer follows the missile.) Everything is fine if you fire one more time.
- Force Walls don't seem to change to green when you Use them to pass through.
- The machinegun turret through jug bug (You can shoot through the jug with the new machinegun)
- The killed playername ut2004 style on top doesn't show doublekills with vehicles bug (see previous sentence)
- The switching places view bug (If you switch place the view will auto-reset to a 45 degree angle.)
- The Deploy switch view bug (The view resets when scrolling through deploys)
- I'm still getting the same loading screen with the female ranger. The text changes, but the picture does not.

Bot Bugs:
- Bots don't return arts after getting one.
- They use vehicles but don't know how to move them.
- They do not hack gens or spawn positions.

Game Tweaks:
- Not only the little skull icon when dead, but also their normal indicator icon are not in the little map at the base of the screen. (Which gave pos, class and low health/shield/ammo)
- show ping on the scoreboard.
- You have to specify a class at the start of every map otherwise u cant spawn - have a default class
- The inventory station sound effects are real quiet
- swimming animation
- additional ranger frames for movement as they appear to be fixed in position but jumping about.
- making the small map indicator at the bottom of the hud, half colored red and half colored blue for directional purposes.
- The number of landmines/laser-mines/auto-turrets/rocket turrets are not available on the hud.
- An uninstaller
- But why can we not see raindrops in the water, like u can see in Troopers: Dawn of Destiny-Dagobah CTF? Think it would make it more real
- In game tutorial.
- mini map : the icon of team mates does not represents its class (ie : a ranger with the icon of a gunner)
- Most weapons shoot sound is alot lower volume than the reload sound. It should be vice versa

Balance/Weapon/class tweaks:
- the alt fire lockon should be easy to get for all 4 pieces, but the time in between EACH release of the entire rockets should be delayed to the amount of time it takes to shoot out 2 rockets. Right now it looks like FMI has put in a delay between each piece locking on.
- Autoturrets cause too much damage too fast.
- Autoturrets may need slight range increase

Vehicle Tweaks:
- The raptor still doesnt respond like it should. It seemes too light cause when you break and want to slide to your left the two back wheels lifts slightly from the ground hindering it from making the slide, it needs more weight or something, try to look at onlsaughts vehicle it can also slide but does not have the same problem.
- Option to have defaulted first person view for vehicles.
- Damage coming out of the raptor still occurs if it's moving.
- I see that youve added a raptor-straight-in-the-air fix hindering it from falling uppside down, which is great, its just that I think it should freeze its position slowly instead of hitting the same angle every time, straight horisontial positions, it can sometimes become a pain to boost up a hill cause the raptors seems to want to drive through it
- Right now, when you blow up a vehicle with for example an emp grenade even the wreck gets blown up, almost the only way to see some kind of still intact vehicle leftovers you have to destroy it with a weak gun like the assault gun. IMO the vehicle should ALWAYS turn into a wreck, not nothingness, no matter what weapon you use. Then AFTER that, you can blow up the leftovers.
- I "think" the up and down limits on the tank need to be upped a bit. Espcially the max "UP". I can remember shooting higher in XMP than I can now.

Last edited:

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Good idea. I would like if you wrote the authors too, some bugs or tweaks might need a demonstration to be found and understood.

[Lithium]

Aug 19, 2004
Waterloo, Canada
Couple things I've noticed in addition to what has already been mentioned.

Bugs
- Teamsay voice messages get a text chat notification as well as the voice command. This is a bit annoying to have the text notification sound playing over top of the voice wav.
- Walking through your own artifact node while it is offline causes the error sound to be played signifying that your node is off even when you dont have an enemy artifact.
- You are unable to enter a raptor from behind. Prehaps this is of design?
- Walking into veichles' wheels will lift them off the ground. Only when the veichle is on a slope and your ducking.
- If you get shot by an enemy and then die from falling, the last person to shoot you (no matter how long ago it was) gets credit for the kill.
- AR alt-fire can only register a hit on the tanks turret. Other tech weapons seem unaffected.
- All weapons pass through the lower portion (around wheel level) of the tank and harb.
- Stuff between the wheels on the tank and harb you can pass through by ducking. (The same area that cant be hit by weapons.)
- The alt-ar can only hit the raptors turret from the front or the back, the body is only hit from the sides.

Tweaks
- AR alt-fire and rockets throw the veichels around too much, but I still like the effect. It should just be reduced a little for the harb and raptor it's good on the tank though.
-Physics for the harb and the raptor should be switched. The Harb in its current state seems to handle very much like the raptor did in U2 and the raptor right now seems to handle more like the old harb used to. They are almost perfect in speed, turning radius, acceleration, top speed and bounce ect, if they where switched around with a minimum of adjustments.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2004
Make the classes (or at least gunner) more shield reliant. We're slow, and there's nothing like dying with 400+ shield left.

And I'm sure millions will hate, but since implementing headshots, the shotgun has become a bane. I'd suggest backing the power down a tad in some form or another. *duck*

Last edited by a moderator:

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
at the moment it seems all classes have about the same speed...maybe it's just me but i think the speed diff. between classes should be more noticeable, the raptor also needs to take ALOT more damage from colisions etc...i drove a raptor off the cloud platform and it came down intact :eek: , this also may be due to the fact that atm, the raptor isn't nearly heavy enough... anyway, good job FMI it's looking MUCH better, now it is quite playable :p, only concern is it feels diff from u2xmp, and as a hardcore u2xmp fan i'm just trying to get it as close as possible to the original ;)

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
me, jago, creig, flippr, morphix raced each other from giant turret to giant turret across sunset, distance isn't that far.

Results:
Ranger by far the fastest - Gunner 60% across when he got to the giant turret.
Tech second - 70-75% across when Ranger got to the turret
Gunner third. - 3 raptor lengths behind Tech when he got to the turret.

Of all things tech and gunner were closest, but ranger is no where near the same speed as tech. Gunner is by far the slowest and was grossly obvious, the giant turret to giant turret isn't a huuuge distance either.

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
dunno if it was already mentioned.... but the 'Ninja Enemy Team Members Spawning In The Wrong Base (tm)' still happens. I managed to do it yesterday.

I was on red team, went to settings and changed my "default" team colour to be nothing. When game started, i flicked to blue team and spawned in red area. Was really disorientating.

[_X_]DarkWater

Don't eat the yellow snow
Dec 10, 2004
Mars
First of all, great job with the patch. fixed a bunch of stuff.
in addition to above mentioned findings, here's one I came across twice:
after a long jump with vehicle (e.g. boosting over a hill and going for long fly), the vehicle sunk a bit into the ground when landing and you can't get it to move. Noticed this first in valley of the apes (boosted from center of map over hills towrds one of the energy gens) with a harbi and then in Alcazar (i think) when boosting in raptor off enemy base and landing on other side of the depression (opposite to enemy base near the jugg). was carrying and arti both times. can still get out of the vehicle, but vehicle can't get unstuck.

tried to attach a pic, but not sure if it worked...

Attachments

• harbi_in_mudsmalll.jpg
    harbi_in_mudsmalll.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 64

Skipr

Apr 1, 2004
From turret to turret, the gunner was roughly 30 seconds from point A to point B. Calculated it 2 times when we all raced the other day.

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
me, jago, creig, flippr, morphix raced each other from giant turret to giant turret across sunset, distance isn't that far...etc
heh...i guess it was just me...anyway, very good job on that list there phatazz :D

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
Yeah, as mentioned above. Great list PhatAzz, but i dont agree with the range of the turrets, their range now is beyond their range in xmp.

Also, I totally agree with MurderousPandaa about the shotgun, its more leathal then the sniper even at far range.

edit: and what have happened to the time to change weapon when u play ranger? it takes forever now. I remembered a box where to check something like "use fast weapon change" but i cant find it after the patch?

Last edited:

SwiftPaladin

Boing!
Feb 4, 2004
San Jose, CA
Has anybody else gotten a bug where you just can't see anybody (damage and sounds are still there), but they can still see you? It has something to do with faulty deploying...

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
I'll type the rest up sometime...Workin atm... But off the top of my head:
Murkeywoods - the unhacked deploy to the right of blue base is marked on the radar as a raptor, after you hack it it goes to the respective team deploy symbol...

Turrets are murderous now! Too powerful imo, or maybe just to accurate? :eek:

The raptor needs more traction from it's tyres, is has difficulty accelerating up inclines without boosting - you can see the wheels spinning a lot on the flat too. Again maybe Fatazz's suggestion of increased weight would help :)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2004
I've only tried it as a ranger, but when I switch teams the game will automatically switch me to gunner yet in F1 my icon still shows as ranger.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
PhatAzz said:
- in light of implementation of customs crosshairs, only can get default to work.

:/ the code for custom crosshairs is pretty simple, I don't know what could be wrong with them
I gave the UC files to Indy to integrate into XMP.u
It worked with Chaos...

Might have to get those released seperately after all

[Theory]Maybe the custom crosshairs are fighting with the ones that were originally being drawn by the weapons themselves

Fyre

Dec 15, 2004
My list for 1a beta

I compaired to your first post list Phat, and I only saw a few duplicates so I didnt bother seraching through to clear them out

Vehicles
-----
> Getting in and out of a vehicle twice with artifact removes artifact symbol over car
> Vehicles take low damage from EMP turret, 3 direct hits to kill a raptor and 5 for a jug where U2 was 1 and 2 hits.
> Vehicles that are occupied and have their occupants leave game remain with the team color
> Vehicles float on water in lowlands.
> Vehicles never spawn if something is in the way including down players
> Vehicles FLY!
> You occasionally run over yourself and allies when exiting a vehicle
> Other people dont see Raptor flame boost
> Raptors slide around and moved when manned, even on near-flat ground
> Harbringer rear-turret shots do not bounce (U2 shots did, not sure if that was intentional or not but it helped make up for the rear turret's lack of turn radius)
> Juggernauts that hit themselves (shooting a wall too close) will flip it completly over

Character Classes/Weapons
-----
> If switching weapons with mouse wheel while reloading a sniper rifle that is zoomed the next weapon will be zoomed and mouse wheel changes zoom feature instead of weapon switching. Current workaround by switching back to sniper with weapon keybind 1.
> Pistol shot has no blue/red "shot streak" but assult rifle primary dose
> "Down" revivable players who leave game remain down perminantly
> Enegry rifle name should be returned to 'shock lance' (personal preferance, sounds better ;)
> Napalm "globs" will occaisonally not dissapear after a time, they are not cause damage but do not go away
> EMP and shock lance hits can be seen through meshes and BSP from a long distance away (position give-a-way)
> Ranger smoke granade dose not cover well, nor puff open quickly. Its purpouse was to give a ranger (usually an artifact carrier) quick temporary cover but rarely hinders opponents unless two are thrown in succession in the same area.
> Resupply packs have ammunition, but if you use all the ammunition you can still use the packs

Manned Turrets
-----
> Occasionaly manned turrets do not return to neutral color
> Manned turrets with full health do not display a full health bar when manned in HUD
> Manned turrets have no crosshair
> Neutral round houseturrets are immune to other roundhouse turret fire
> Neutral balistic winnged cannons are immune to most damage if they were never previously occupied
> Gain points for fragging neutral manned turrets if they were never previously occupied
> See HP bar for neutral turrets of they were never previously occupied
> Balistic winnged cannon dosent shoot forward, then down, it falls forward and downward from the barrol [makes it hard to see the shot]

Deployables
-----
> Land mines explode under downed players
> Resupplied/reloaded auto and rocket turrets are occasionally hidden or non-placeable upon first selecting weapon after reload
> Landmines placed on artifact node auto-explode
> Auto and rocket turrets lock on scilently on occasion

Misc
-----
> Many speach menu options are not avalable on the "V" speach menu, IE "i need a ride" and "get rid of those deployables" are only avalable via keybind
> Team energy notification dosent display the number of deployables currently in use for each type
> Energy items "In danger!" should be yellow but are not yellow, they are yellow instead when you have almost enough energy to use them
> Bot commands via the V speach menu do not exist.
> Teleporting uses the quiet UT twinkle sound instead of the louder U2 sound
> Monster kill if you ever get more then 1 kill
> Stolen but not captured artifacts are not displayed well in HUD, perhaps a blinking blue and orange [red/orange] symbol for stolen, blinking blue/yellow [red/yellow] for dropped
> Most spawn points "float" a few units off the ground

Hackables
-----
> Hackable items show no hint that they can be hacked (aside from the "hacked item %") U2 had a "grid effect" when moused over. Makes it difficult to located the lowlands seaside generator hackable
> Spawn points can only be hacked from halfway downward, the top half is not hackable, makes it difficult to look up and hack
> Hack cone displays incorret target for outside viwers
> Hacked controle pannles will occaisonally flip upside down and move up
> Doors with hack pannles do not open when hacker is too close to door upon finish hacking, they must move far enough away from the door to make it open again. Doors hacked in this way will occasionally imeaditly close behind the hacker, even an friendly is behind them, causing the door to kill the teammate.

Supply Stations
-----
> Using a supply station drains energy unusually fast while not drawing in energy
> Standing on suppy station and switching weapons causes supply station "resupply sound" to stop
> Many supply station "floating icons" are not centered on the base

Spectators
-----
> Spectators cant lock view on one player, U2 didnt allow this either but I like watching the MPV more then someone at random, thank you for removing turrets as spec-able though =D
> Spectators hear no messages, U2 allowed spectators to hear "universal messages" such as when a team looses or gains an energy source/deploy point and artifact captures/steals a well as public player messages.

Hope that helps ^.^
Fyre-

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Now that the weapons list is available from the settings menu (to choose crosshairs), it is possible to rearrange their priority. This isn't much of a problem, except that rocket launcher does not appear on the list, and seems to be shoved to the bottom if any other gunner weapons are moved (I now spawn with flamethrower activated).

the turrets in Garden are more or less useless right now. You cant hit ANYTHING with them because the projectiles move way too slow, and even when I was pummeling infantry they did little to no damage :-/ Also, why are the projectiles green cheerios? They should fire in small bursts and look like green machinegun fire. I absolutely loved the things in U2XMP, but now they are pretty borked.......

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
And one other thing? is it only me that thinks its annoying i need to select class at beginning of every map? would love if default was to spawn with the same class as last map (as u2xmp worked). I dunno how many times i have forgotten to select class when i was supposed to spawn