Were sorry,DSL is not available inyour area

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Would you like us to inform you of when it will not be available in your area again...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg
ggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry....had to get that off my chest.Well,that and this damned greased midget,but enough about my troubles....

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
Yeah,even more depressing is my isp has this "check for availability" page with 133t looking lightning bolts,and all kinds of fast looking stuff to get you all hopped up,then *wham*

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
sattelite = twice the price, triple the ping and packet loss. OK for browsing, but for gaming, forget anything wireless....

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
Originally posted by [RSU]D-Stroya
sattelite = twice the price, triple the ping and packet loss. OK for browsing, but for gaming, forget anything wireless....

That and the squirrells would attack :D

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I *might* get DSL end of may. Tho DSL here is poop for pings, I'm pleased as long as I get a flatrate and better download speeds than ISDN.

I so want QDSL! 1024 down / 256 up. 30 ping in whole Europe...

Swarthy_Foreskin

Retarderator
Aug 16, 2000
Washington State
DSL and cable are available in our area, but my poop head dad won't get it. Oh, and he took away my internet for a month at home(I'm at school now) because of my crappy report card, so as pay back, I disassembled his computer and layed it out all over his desk.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
D-Stroya:
go ahead, but not before I killed Mordy because he might get it sooner, and prolly with a lower ping

Fluid:
XeneX

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
I know... same for me. They just say 'DSL not available, we'll notify you when it's available (here's what they don't say: '... we
ll notify you in 100 years later when everyone has OC lines and you will only be able to use DSL.)'.

What's surprising is my school, which is less than 500 feet away from my house, has OC lines. Man, that makes me mad, that they get such lines and yet I can't even get crappy cable. :D

Fomhoire

Internet Addict
Dec 24, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
I'm close to the CO here, unfortunately the DSL providers are crap or they are too expensive.

About 3610 feet from (CO) SCRMCA01

Your ILEC: PacBell (SBC DSL)
SBC DSL Resellers in your area:
Attitude Online
DirectTV
Electric Lightwave
LinkLine
Omsoft.com
SacWeb
UUNET

CLECS in your Area:
ATT (Formerly NorthPoint)
Cable & Wireless [Dedicated loop and optical]
Covad
Electric Lightwave [Dedicated loop and optical]
Global Crossing
Level3 [Dedicated loop and optical]
MPower Comunications
PSInet [Temporarity not taking new orders]
Rythms [See UUNET]
Sprint [Dedicated loop and optical]
UUNET DSL [Dedicated loop and optical]

Covad.net
Covad Partners:
A+ net
Beannet Interactive
Cal IS
Earthlink
Electric Lightwave
Inreach Internet
Megapath
Speakeasy
Toad.net
MPower

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Most people cant get DSL or cable modem where they live. Its a big problem now because alot of people badly want it. Ill have to look on CNN.com again to get the exact number of people that cant get access to it.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
went into Cambridge earlier today and saw about 20 odd companies developing wireless internet .... thingies.

appears BT is leading this Wireless service using the Wi-Fi proctols. its the same technology as cordless phones and appear to interfere with them too. designed for rural/ boardband isolated areas, about £50 a month to operate. so where do we find where these kits and tech is being deployed? In the middle of friggin London! oh and you can only have it if your a business.... :mad:

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
BT are refusing to upgrade our local exchange, and NTL have cancelled all plans to exapnd into the town indefinitely. I live 5 miles from Nottingham City, where ADSL and NTL cable are both available :(